Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I gotta get something off my chest here.  (Read 5163 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
I gotta get something off my chest here.
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 07:47:28 PM »

Don\'t take what I said the wrong way, I was not trying to pile on you or snipe or team up against you, Chris P. You brought up some things and I thought they deserved to be delved into, and you\'re right, the \"screw you\" guy is a world class A-hole and should be mocked as such.

What about a 30-day free trial? A month-to-month is a hassle (and if you\'re living check-to-check, you need to set your priorities right) but I figure most people would know within that month if TVPMM is a thing they want to have access to and to support charitably.

1) it\'s cool. Just had to be on the same page. :)

2) that could work, a free trial. But I\'m certain that we wouldn\'t expect to see the whole library, right? Would be more of the enticement factor. Like, \"okay we\'ll let you see these but if you subscribe you get THESE\".
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 07:53:58 PM »

I don\'t run (nor do I pay for) subscription sites, but it would seem to me that from a strictly fiduciary standpoint, Terry is probably making more money off the six-month plan.  If you bought a monthly subscription, wouldn\'t you just download all the sounds you want in the first day or so, and then not subscribe anymore until a lot of new content has accumulated?

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 07:59:55 PM »

If you bought a monthly subscription, wouldn\'t you just download all the sounds you want in the first day or so, and then not subscribe anymore until a lot of new content has accumulated?

Precisely the technical issue I alluded to earlier.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:00:02 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe