Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Score Productions "Sound"  (Read 10293 times)

Bryce L.

Score Productions "Sound"
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 08:26:55 PM »

Isn\'t the lead guitar also a trademark in Edd Kalehoff\'s work?

If it is, then it certainly shines through on his theme for the Nickelodeon \"Double Dare\"

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 07:34:45 AM »

I could have sworn the first GSN cd had the DD76/CS78 music credited to Kalehoff

I\'m thinking either they were wrong or you\'re remembering wrong, because it just doesn\'t soundd like Edd.  For one thing, where were the strings? ;)

Which of Kalehoff\'s themes had a string section after he stopped collaborating with Score? Harp, yes, string section no.

dale_grass

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 08:47:41 PM »

Which of Kalehoff\'s themes had a string section after he stopped collaborating with Score? Harp, yes, string section no.

Double Dare (Nickelodeon), for one. Or was that more of Score\'s thing with the strings filling in the background?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 10:35:57 PM »

Double Dare (Nickelodeon), for one. Or was that more of Score\'s thing with the strings filling in the background?

Strings or synth? He does use a live harp.

Didn\'t MG/HS Hour have a synthesized string section? I couldn\'t get tvpmm to come up yesterday so couldn\'t listen.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2013, 05:06:10 AM »

After listening, MG/HS sounds like live brass with synthesized strings and woodwinds. Score might have used live strings and piccolos where Edd used synth.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 05:19:21 AM by chris319 »

dale_grass

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 10:29:52 AM »

Strings or synth?

Oh, definitely synth. Same goes for Feud \'94. I guess a good indicator is live strings vs. synth strings then.

For the \'74 Price reel one of the things that stood out was how the live strings would wail on some tracks, lending a touch of melancholy, almost making me want to run up and give the wicker chair or food processor a hug and tell it that everything was gonna be OK. Luckily the wah pedal would snap me out of it.