Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Price is Right Set Changes  (Read 6438 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Price is Right Set Changes
« on: August 08, 2013, 11:37:54 PM »
Buzzerblog has some pictures of The Price is Right\'s new set- it actually looks really good! The doors are backlit, there\'s a new home base (the carpet\'s gone), and the Showcase podiums have been redone. See the link below.

http://buzzerblog.com/2013/08/exclusive-sneak-peek-at-the-new-price-is-right-set/\'>http://buzzerblog.com/2013/08/exclusive-sneak-peek-at-the-new-price-is-right-set/
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 03:37:16 AM »
I\'m getting a huge Jeopardy vibe from the Showcase setup and I don\'t know why.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

tvmitch

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 05:59:21 AM »

Nice changes. I love the glossy floor. That single change makes the set feel like its \"flashier\" European counterparts.

You should follow me on Twitter

jmangin

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 08:45:54 AM »

Those look great. Glad to see they upgraded the graphics on the showcase podiums, too. Very snazzy.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 10:16:56 AM »

I\'m getting a huge Jeopardy vibe from the Showcase setup and I don\'t know why.

Now that you mention it, it has kind of a \"sushi bar\" set look to it.

I like the changes...pretty slick.

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

cmjb13

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 10:50:37 AM »

Mike Richards commented something along the lines of that there shouldn\'t be carpet on a game show in 2013. I haven\'t watched Wheel recently, but last I saw they have carpet on the puzzle board stage.

I do like that they put back the Goodson asterick\'s around the doors. I told Roger during a late 2007 visit that the starbursts (or whatever you call them) that were displayed above the doors were hideous. They also at some point just had stars there. I told them they should be dollar signs, and wouldn\'t you know it, they were put there (for however long it was)

Still won\'t watch though.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:51:36 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

aaron sica

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 10:54:29 AM »

Still won\'t watch though.

I was going to ask why but I think your sig answered my question...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 11:42:02 AM »

Mike Richards commented something along the lines of that there shouldn\'t be carpet on a game show in 2013.

Terrific. I think he\'s a tool in 2013.
Travis L. Eberle

JMFabiano

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 12:17:22 PM »

Mike Richards commented something along the lines of that there shouldn\'t be carpet on a game show in 2013. I haven\'t watched Wheel recently, but last I saw they have carpet on the puzzle board stage.

Maybe he didn\'t like \"shaggy carpet games\" or whatever that cute name was that GSN gave to its \"traditional\" original shows when The Pyramid was premiering???

The new set is pretty nice, and I echo the like for the return of the asterisks.  The Showcase podiums before just looked like cardboard cutouts, these ones are an improvement. 

And I will still watch, though :-)

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:18:33 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 12:35:57 PM »

Funny thing is that I didn\'t notice the floor until someone brought it up. And I could\'ve sworn some games/set pieces utilize area rugs.

This signature is currently under construction.

Bob Zager

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 01:39:59 PM »

There has been talk that J! is going to have a new set, for Season 30!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 02:09:36 PM »

There has been talk that J! is going to have a new set, for Season 30!

Trebek confirmed it in an interview about a month back. He still hasn\'t seen it yet.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »

Maybe he didn\'t like \"shaggy carpet games\" or whatever that cute name was that GSN gave to its \"traditional\" original shows when The Pyramid was premiering?

Funnily enough, the term was \"Shiny Floor Games\".
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

JMFabiano

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 11:19:50 AM »

Maybe he didn\'t like \"shaggy carpet games\" or whatever that cute name was that GSN gave to its \"traditional\" original shows when The Pyramid was premiering?

Funnily enough, the term was \"Shiny Floor Games\".

Ohhhhhhhhhh...

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Neumms

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 09:52:45 AM »

Mike Richards commented something along the lines of that there shouldn\'t be carpet on a game show in 2013. 

He apparently believes game shows in 2013 should somehow look cheesier and more out-of-date than they did in 1983. The TPIR set doesn\'t look 1970s and it doesn\'t look modern. It\'s just an eyesore.