Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's Make A Deal Question  (Read 3133 times)

GSRebich

Let's Make A Deal Question
« on: August 11, 2013, 10:17:38 PM »

What versions of \"Let\'s Make A Deal\" had the retail values of the prize in all dollars and what versions had the retail values in dollars and cents?

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 10:28:08 PM »

I believe the versions from 1980 on used strictly dollars, although the Vegas season might\'ve done so as well.

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 10:42:06 PM »
I thought I remembered Dean Goss regularly mentioning prices to the penny, especially when tax and license got thrown into a car value. Of course a search for LMAD brings up a panoply of Wayne Brady\'s version, so I can\'t prove it.
Travis L. Eberle

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 11:49:01 PM »

I thought I remembered Dean Goss regularly mentioning prices to the penny, especially when tax and license got thrown into a car value. Of course a search for LMAD brings up a panoply of Wayne Brady\'s version, so I can\'t prove it.

In the one Goss episode I have on my server, the first prize given away is a group of kitchen appliances; he not only says the price of each individual item to the penny, but ends with the total of the package to the penny.  

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:49:47 PM by bscripps »
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 11:51:12 PM »
Just checked out a few first season episodes from the mid-80s run. Brian only said dollars, no cents, including a $10,030 Fiero. Same for a $1,460 range and fridge. I guess it varied there?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:52:29 PM by BrandonFG »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 12:09:45 AM »

Search the full title: \"The All-New Let\'s Make a Deal\"

"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 12:19:50 AM »
You weren\'t kidding. Thanks, Gene.
Travis L. Eberle