Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Hosts Then and Now  (Read 7553 times)

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
Game Show Hosts Then and Now
« on: August 20, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »

ScreenCrush.com assembled a collection of game show hosts (and Vanna) photos, then and now.

http://screencrush.com/game-show-hosts-then-and-now/?utm_source=zergnetinternal.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_84299\'>http://screencrush.com/game-show-hosts-then-and-now/?utm_source=zergnetinternal.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_84299

// Wow, I was so curious as to what Kirk Fogg\'s been doing now since the Olmec days!

-Sanford

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 10:02:36 AM »

Mike O\'Malley has packed on a few pounds since Yes. Dear... :-P

Most of the hosts have aged well. Bob Barker, even for a man pushing 90......not so much.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SuperMatch93

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 05:31:57 PM »

The other day, I posted a picture of Alex Trebek (circa 1974) to Reddit. It got a score of about 50.

-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 09:03:05 PM »
A portion of Chris Hardwick\'s The Nerdist Way, as well as a recent episode of The Adam Carolla Show details Chris\'s struggles with alcohol and why he looks good today as opposed to being a bloated tubbaguts with no money and no prospects.

Some of the photographs remind me of Nana, who was vibrant and lively in her 60s and 70s, but now she\'s 94 and...less vibrant and lively.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 05:41:01 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 12:50:19 AM »
I wouldn\'t recognize Kirk Fogg if I didn\'t see this pic. So different.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

whewfan

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 06:50:20 AM »

Regarding Bob, I\'ve seen him up close a few years ago at a book signing and his face was heavily made up, and he said on TPIR that he had been dyeing (sp?) his hair for years. 

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 07:13:36 AM »

The other day, I posted a picture of Alex Trebek (circa 1974) to Reddit. It got a score of about 50.

I did the same thing, except comparing my failed mustache growing attempt to his epic one of the 70s. Got a few laughs, but really can\'t compare to him.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:14:43 AM by Strikerz04 »

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 09:36:06 AM »

I see your Alex Trebek 1974 and raise you Alex Trebek 1964:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2zfl79c.jpg\'>http://i40.tinypic.com/2zfl79c.jpg

Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

SuperMatch93

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 12:26:06 PM »

I think I posted that one once too.

-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

sotcfan2004

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 01:54:41 PM »

It always surprises me that when articles reminisce about Chuck Woolery\'s career, they often completely forget to mention Scrabble. One would think that a 6+ year hosting stint would be a notable part of his resume.

gamed121683

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »

It always surprises me that when articles reminisce about Chuck Woolery\'s career, they often completely forget to mention Scrabble. One would think that a 6+ year hosting stint would be a notable part of his resume.

Maybe the writer was afraid that few wouldn\'t remember \"Scrabble\". Look, it hasn\'t been on TV (reruns or otherwise) in nearly 2 decades. So I can see the average \"Joe Blow\" going, \"They made THAT into a series?\" Then again his \"Dating Game\" stint got a name drop, so what do I know?

JMFabiano

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 09:14:05 PM »

Sony employees have had no problem with deleting another 6+ year stint from his resume (and history).

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 09:41:40 PM »

Sony employees have had no problem with deleting another 6+ year stint from his resume (and history).

There\'s a HUGE difference between why Wheel\'s not mentioned with respect to Chuck and why Scrabble\'s not mentioned.  Chuck didn\'t leave Scrabble on bad, or at the very least, questionable terms.  Also, in the grand scheme of things, Scrabble is a really good show which flew under the radar, since it aired against TPiR for most (all?) of its run.  Scrabble is not a show which has been on television for going on 39 years, in one form or another.  Plus, maybe people don\'t recall Chuck hosting Wheel because the last time he did such was almost a third of a century ago.

JepMasta

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 01:32:13 AM »

Mustache, nothing.  Alex had the most glorious white-guy afro I have ever witnessed.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 10:14:22 AM »

There\'s a HUGE difference between why Wheel\'s not mentioned with respect to Chuck and why Scrabble\'s not mentioned.  Chuck didn\'t leave Scrabble on bad, or at the very least, questionable terms.  Also, in the grand scheme of things, Scrabble is a really good show which flew under the radar, since it aired against TPiR for most (all?) of its run.  Scrabble is not a show which has been on television for going on 39 years, in one form or another.  Plus, maybe people don\'t recall Chuck hosting Wheel because the last time he did such was almost a third of a century ago.

Considering how much television shows love to trot out their longevity, it has always surprised me how Wheel is totally willing to drop the first 8 years of its history, only reaching back farther to discuss Pat and Vanna\'s first shows. Did Merv and Chuck have ill will towards one another? The only time I\'ve seen history wiped like this is when a guy ends up becoming an axe murderer or takes illegal payments while still being an NCAA athlete.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.