Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hollywood Game Night gets a second season  (Read 1766 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Hollywood Game Night gets a second season
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 10:56:10 PM »
That is some sterling reportage there, Scott.
/I suppose it\'s an improvement that you actually stated an opinion instead of a word salad, so there\'s that.

Improve on the celebrity bookings and sprinkle in some new games so that we don\'t get the same eight ones in rotation and I think it will be pitch perfect.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:56:35 PM by TLEberle »
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 02:58:02 AM »

I\'m very happy about this.

My grandma died a couple weeks ago, and she and her husband, my namesake (who died when I was three years old) built this beautiful, modern house in the mid 80s. It was in Hartford, Iowa (a rural suburb of Des Moines), and I would visit every summer.

Back in Chicagoland, we didn\'t have cable until I was about eight years old, and we didn\'t get premium cable until a few years ago. My grandma\'s house had a satellite dish, and I used to hide in her (former) husband\'s bedroom until she yelled \"TV!\", and I would change the channels for her; she often didn\'t know the DirecTV numbers.

Sometimes, she would let me watch whatever I wanted, and I would watch channel 309. I remember watching Press Your Luck for the very first time, and thinking it was one of the greatest shows I had ever seen in my life. I remember thinking Paul Lynde was so much funnier than Whoopi Goldberg. I remember the old, techno intro of Jeopardy!. I even remember asking her \"Grandma, what\'s Two For the Money?\" and she said, \"Oh, that\'s a very good show.\"

I love watching primetime game shows.

EDIT: The year after Mr. Rogers died, I saw a smiling old man host a very simple game: whoever completes a line first wins.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:32:33 PM by SuperMatch93 »
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

alfonzos

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 05:47:45 PM »

I paraphrase what Maxene Fabe said about Concentration. It is proof that a show doesn\'t have to offer mindnumbing high stakes to be successful. I would like to see more entertaining game show than dull shows that offer big prizes.

A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos