Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire heads up for next week...  (Read 6150 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Millionaire heads up for next week...
« on: September 20, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »
The show has specified that someone (they don\'t say specifically who or when it\'s going to air) is going to (pardon the expression) break Cedric\'s million dollar question virginity. The vid is on both their Facebook and YouTube pages.

All I know is that it\'s a woman, she got out of round one with both of her jumps, and she used them both to skip over the $250,000 and $500,000 questions. I\'m just the messenger- this is literally what the promo team decided to put out there.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »

If I\'m not mistaken, this would be the first time we\'ve seen someone reach the million dollar question since the shuffle format started, correct?

PYLdude

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 10:11:53 PM »
I believe so. Could be wrong though.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 01:17:01 PM »

If this is the case, someone gets to tell Cedric to watch HIS wallet. The closing line Cedric uses is \"Watch your wallet.\"

Kevin Prather

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 02:34:22 PM »

I believe so. Could be wrong though.

First one, yes.

It looks like the way the questions have been set up since QuickMix started, this is the most likely way for someone to win the million. Save both jumps for round 2, manage to get the $100k by yourself, jump to the million and only have to risk $75k to win The Big Fella. Wouldn\'t be surprised if she\'s willing to take a shot with only a slight hunch.

EDIT: This should probably go in Show Summaries.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 02:34:40 PM by Kevin Prather »

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 05:47:25 PM »

I can back up most of what\'s been said here, as Cedric himself told the crowd at the August 29 tapings that someone played for the million \"yesterday\". It IS in fact the first shuffle player to see the million dollar question, and the first since Ken Basin 4 years ago.

Now the only question is: Will we see a true millionaire for the first time in 10 1/2 years? Would be nice...

Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

Flerbert419

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 01:01:16 AM »

.Now the only question is: Will we see a true millionaire for the first time in 10 1/2 years? Would be nice...

Did Sam Murray win Monopoly money?

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 01:36:43 AM »

.Now the only question is: Will we see a true millionaire for the first time in 10 1/2 years? Would be nice...

Did Sam Murray win Monopoly money?

He won real money, but it was a fabricated million dollars. Sonic Whammy\'s wording could\'ve been clearer, but this would be the first time anyone actually played the entire game and won.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:37:43 AM by jjman920 »
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 01:54:36 AM »
I\'d like to head this off at the pass: if you have $100,000 and two jumps and by some miracle you know the answers to either of the next two questions please don\'t be a yutz. Answer the question correctly and increase your prize money.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 02:50:20 AM »

I\'d like to head this off at the pass: if you have $100,000 and two jumps and by some miracle you know the answers to either of the next two questions please don\'t be a yutz. Answer the question correctly and increase your prize money.

This. There is absolutely a reason to answer it, even if it means throwing away a jump.

PYLdude

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 02:25:15 AM »
Confirmed (and if this needs moving perhaps now\'s the time): the contestant at least starts her run Tuesday. I don\'t know if she completes it or not but it doesn\'t look like it.

Julius

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 08:26:00 PM »

My gut tells me she won the million.

Julius May, Philadelphia PA

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 02:37:44 PM »

The way things have been done for the past decade tells me that if she won the million, they probably would\'ve said so in the promo.

BrandonFG

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 02:44:37 PM »

The way things have been done for the past decade tells me that if she won the million, they probably would\'ve said so in the promo.

Except I don\'t think Millionaire isn\'t the type to actually spoil a win, outside of press releases. They didn\'t do it during Regis\' run and I don\'t remember them doing so for Meredith\'s wins. Even when they had the big tournament in the clock era, the most they might\'ve done was tell you the winner would be crowned because it was the end of the tournament.

FWIW, I don\'t remember there being any buzz about Ogi Ogas seeing the $1M question a few years back...

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:44:51 PM by BrandonFG »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »
In the first season they had advertisements about \"Million Dollar Question\" and \"Million Dollar Winner\" in the various sweeps period, as well as a victory shot from the clock period (Millionaire artfully worked around this by having each of the finalists celebrating a \"win.\")
Travis L. Eberle