Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nick Reboot  (Read 6227 times)

BrandonFG

Nick Reboot
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 06:32:17 PM »

I kept saying I\'d give it a shot, but procrastinated on it a bit. I also promised myself not to be upset or surprised when the site shut down. When I saw it getting some press, I knew it was only a matter of time. 

/Waits for someone to complain about the travesty of Viacom defending its own material

//By no means am I defending them, but I\'m afraid copyright be copyright

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Nick Reboot
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 12:00:11 AM »

When you\'re doing something that you know to be of questionable legality? You bet it is.

True enough, but I can think of at least six synaptic malfunctions that I wouldn\'t have committed had it been me.
Travis L. Eberle

catnap1972

Nick Reboot
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 02:45:02 PM »

Seems like they\'ve taken a different tact to keep the site functional.  Whether that\'ll keep Viacom away, who knows...

Jimmy Owen

Nick Reboot
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 02:54:53 PM »

Seems like they\'ve taken a different tact to keep the site functional.  Whether that\'ll keep Viacom away, who knows...

It\'s a catch 22.  Viacom can\'t monitize the library enough to make it worth their while to make it available to the public and they also don\'t want fans to have access to it for free.  Maybe if a sub-distributor (like a Mill Creek) could make a deal.

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.