Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: @midnight with Chris Hardwick  (Read 7844 times)

trainman

@midnight with Chris Hardwick
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 12:00:28 AM »

Well, they definitely have time to edit. The http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/midnight\'>taping schedule posted at OCA implies that there are 5 days between tape and air for each episode (Monday\'s show was taped last Wednesday).

I have personal experience: I went to the taping on Monday, and it was the Kumail Nanjiani/Natasha Leggero/Doug Benson show that aired that night. My semi-educated guess is that the episodes taped last week were essentially \"dress rehearsal\" shows which are being held to use for emergency \"evergreen\" purposes.

I\'m not sure if the comedians got anything in advance of the taping, but it did appear that they were getting some help from the show writers during the commercial breaks for the answers they were writing on their tablets.

Save for Doug Benson I haven\'t heard of a contestant yet.

You must not listen to many podcasts.
trainman is a man of trains

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 12:06:36 AM »

You must not listen to many podcasts.

I actually do; just not a lot of comedy ones.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dazztardly

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 01:40:34 AM »

In a strange way as I watch the show more, it starts to rub off on me. I wouldn\'t air it five days a week though, save the humor injection for the next week.

-Dan

chad1m

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 12:23:09 AM »

The very funny program aired its last episode tonight for a while, the end of a month-long \"experiment\" as Chris Hardwick called it. January marks its return, though, with Comedy Central picking up http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/comedy-centrals-midnight-gets-40-week-pickup/\'>40 weeks of @midnight to join Stewart and Colbert as permanent late-night partners.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 12:55:35 AM »

Aw man! I haveta wait six weeks? Dammit. Thrilled that it was picked up, though.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 07:51:34 AM »

Excellent news.  @midnight is the first show I watch on the DVR after work.  @midnight is also getting younger viewers; several of my 9th graders were talking about @midnight in the lunchroom several days ago.  I never would have guessed my 9th graders would watch a show like @midnight.

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 10:09:38 AM »

Wow...40 weeks? That\'s pretty sweet, esp. since Comedy Central (Viacom for that matter) likes to do maybe 13 weeks here and there, then let the show quietly fade away.

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

pacdude

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 12:34:49 PM »

It\'s an impressive order, but I\'m glad this got picked up. It\'s a hilarious show and I respect Chris Hardwick\'s vision of trying to make it feel like a British panel show.

JakeT

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 06:09:23 PM »

Aw man! I haveta wait six weeks? Dammit. Thrilled that it was picked up, though.

I\'m with you, brother!  I\'m gonna be lost until it comes back!  I can\'t recall any show that has made me consistantly laugh until I hurt like @midnight...but I\'m beyond thilled that CC has such confidence in it to give it a 40-week pickup!   There are so many comedians, YouTubers and podcasters that I\'m eager to see make an appearance!

JakeT

weaklink75

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 06:25:08 PM »

It\'s pretty much a full 2014 pickup- they\'re apparently going to follow the taping schedules of Daily Show and Colbert Report, which do 42 weeks of shows a year.