Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Name Game  (Read 5443 times)

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Celebrity Name Game
« on: October 28, 2013, 01:35:02 PM »

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/496268-Debmar_Mercury_FremantleMedia_Shopping_Celebrity_Name_Game_.php?rssid=20065\'>B&C is reporting that Fremantle is shopping this show to be hosted by Craig Ferguson.

Looks so-so on paper, the execution I... well, I won\'t be enthused since Fremantle\'s involved.

/Oh how I would love to be wrong.

BrandonFG

Celebrity Name Game
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 02:33:54 PM »

Meanwhile, I\'m not sure what to make of this...

Deal or No Deal\'s Scott St. John will serve as showrunner.

Granted, Street Smarts and the syndie version of D/ND were pretty decent, but the latter still put more focus on personality and gimmicks instead of the actual game. Keeping an open mind here and crossing fingers that it\'s closer to Celebrity Game Night and less like 90% of the Endemol shows of the last decade...

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

MikeK

• Martha!
Celebrity Name Game
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 03:09:55 PM »

Please let Geoff Peterson announce, please let Geoff Peterson announce, please let Geoff Peterson announce...

/Balls.

Mr. Armadillo

Celebrity Name Game
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 07:17:45 PM »

I\'m in, just so I can see Craig Ferguson at a reasonable hour.

TimK2003

Celebrity Name Game
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 08:41:27 PM »

ANYTHING that is considered a \"companion\" to Harvey Feud is okay in my book -- especially if it has the potential to let stations cut back Feud, and the penis responses, to 30 minutes a day!

And I second the motion for Geoff to be the announcer.

/All those in favor....

Matt Ottinger

Celebrity Name Game
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 10:59:45 PM »

/All those in favor....

balls.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
Celebrity Name Game
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 01:46:04 AM »

I\'m guessing the Tribune pickup includes only the stations currently under Tribune\'s umbrella and not the Local TV stable Tribune is waiting on Uncle Sam\'s approval to acquire.  (And if it does include the latter, I doubt that most of Local TV\'s Big 3 affiliates, such as WHNT in my market of Huntsville-Decatur, AL, would have room for it.  More likely, here in the Tennessee Valley it\'ll be picked up by current Feud affiliate WZDX, the other local station due to change owners - Nexstar intends to buy the Grant group.)

Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

Craig Karlberg

Celebrity Name Game
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 03:36:27 AM »

If Philly didn\'t get the \"first round of pick-ups\", then it\'ll most likely have to get it via NAPTE in January.  I\'m anxious to see how this plays out.  Who knows?  Maybe I\'ll like my namesake maniac here.

weaklink75

Celebrity Name Game
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 01:25:41 PM »

If Philly didn\'t get the \"first round of pick-ups\", then it\'ll most likely have to get it via NAPTE in January.  I\'m anxious to see how this plays out.  Who knows?  Maybe I\'ll like my namesake maniac here.

Tribune does own WPHL, so it could go there- though FF is on WPSG, so that\'s also an option....

BillCullen1

Celebrity Name Game
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 01:39:36 PM »
I\'m curious to see how Craig Ferguson would handle a game show. That would mean another Drew Carey Show alumnus gets a game show gig.

EDIT - I see WPIX in NYC is in, so I\'m good. I also like the idea of Craig\'s late night sidekick \"Geoff\" as the announcer. If they can pull that off . . .
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 01:48:11 PM by BillCullen1 »

JakeT

Celebrity Name Game
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 09:35:51 PM »

I\'m in, just so I can see Craig Ferguson at a reasonable hour.

Why, in the era of DVRs, does anyone concern themselves with a show\'s timeslot and their ability to see it at that very time?  Since getting my first TIVO more than ten years ago, I couldn\'t tell you the last thing I actually watched live...oh wait...yes I can...damn tornado warnings!  Learned it is more sensible to watch those live rather than check them out days later...:)

JakeT

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Celebrity Name Game
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 11:23:51 PM »

Why, in the era of DVRs, does anyone concern themselves with a show\'s timeslot and their ability to see it at that very time?

Because DVRs cost money, 90% of a time a recurring charge, and not everyone can afford one.

Fortunately I don\'t have to worry about it right now, but of all of my monthly expenses, if I had to start cutting back, TiVo and Netflix would be the first two things to go.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:25:44 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Celebrity Name Game
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 11:26:55 PM »
And sometimes I like to watch a thing the same time as other people, to have a feeling of community that doesn\'t exist if I time-shift the episode.
Travis L. Eberle

JakeT

Celebrity Name Game
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 10:24:15 PM »

Why, in the era of DVRs, does anyone concern themselves with a show\'s timeslot and their ability to see it at that very time?

Because DVRs cost money, 90% of a time a recurring charge, and not everyone can afford one.

Fortunately I don\'t have to worry about it right now, but of all of my monthly expenses, if I had to start cutting back, TiVo and Netflix would be the first two things to go.

Yeah, but what doesn\'t cost money these days?  Hey, I understand so well about the cost of things these days (as I\'ve been on a fixed income for some time now) but when comparing the cost of a DVR (and any recurring charges) versus other entertainment choices, the DVR comes out to be a bargain...to me at least...in fact, I suspect that if I had to give up my DVR and try watching \"live\" TV, I\'d go nuts and start leaving the house more and certainly spending more money that I don\'t have to spend on non-essentials...

JakeT

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:24:50 PM by JakeT »