Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The Chew" game show segments  (Read 2659 times)

snowpeck

"The Chew" game show segments
« on: November 01, 2013, 01:47:11 PM »

Working in a TV station, I get to see all the crap daytime programming on the TV monitors mounted all around the newsroom. Noticed ABC\'s food-centric talk show \"The Chew\" has been doing a lot of game show segments lately. In the past couple weeks I\'ve seen them do \"The Food Pyramid,\" played pretty much the same as the Dick Clark stalwart, and today was \"Calorie Card Sharks.\" The contestants pulled from the studio audience played the game exactly as the classic game show, but instead of survey questions, they were guessing how many calories were in dishes of food presented on stage.

Not a fan of The Chew at all, but I find it interesting how many talk shows are incorporating classic game shows into their formats these days.

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Lirodon

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 11:26:37 PM »

And you know you\'ve got a problem when a cooking show can do a better version of Card Sharks than, well, the one that should simply be expunged from the records permanently.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:26:57 PM by Lirodon »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 01:24:28 AM »

And you know you\'ve got a problem when a cooking show can do a better version of Card Sharks than, well, the one that should simply be expunged from the records permanently.

Twitch, twitch.

/we get it, the show ate a bagful. There\'s really no need to beat us over the head with it.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 02:24:47 AM »

Twitch, twitch.

/we get it, the show ate a bagful. There\'s really no need to beat us over the head with it.

Lirodon\'s wording aside, the sad thing is that if you made just one or two changes it would\'ve done a world of good.

Might not have bought the show more than the 22 weeks it would\'ve needed for a full season but at least it might\'ve been tolerable.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Lirodon

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 01:33:59 PM »

Well, their assault on daytime TV continues, now they\'re doing Judge Foodie.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 01:34:22 PM »
I tried. I really did. I suppose we can be grateful he spelled \"well\" correctly and didn\'t choose \"welp.\"
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 01:34:55 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle