Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nickelodeon launches new game show  (Read 7518 times)

jimlangefan

Nickelodeon launches new game show
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 08:26:23 PM »

Well, Let\'s hope Nick can have another successful game show again...if it\'s successful, maybe kids can become lifelong fans of the genre.

Brian

To be honest growing up, I really didn\'t like the game shows just for kids.  I only watched them if nothing else was on.  For example, when I was 7 years old in 1990 at 4 PM I had the choices of Get The Picture, Supermarket Sweep, Match Game, or The Challengers.  Get The Picture very rarely won that battle.  Usually I watched Match Game.

I\'d say it\'s pretty damn impossible for GTP to have won that battle considering it didn\'t make air until 1991.

And even then, wasn\'t it on at 6 PM for its entire run? Or am I just imagining that.

Wrong year and that would have made me 8, lol.  I don\'t know why 1990 was stuck in my head.  Very sorry about that.  Anyways, yes it was on at 6 PM, but I lived in the Mountain time zone so it was 4 PM my time.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:28:03 PM by jimlangefan »
TV's Big Dealer

aaron sica

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 08:37:49 PM »

Wrong year and that would have made me 8, lol.  I don\'t know why 1990 was stuck in my head.  Very sorry about that.  Anyways, yes it was on at 6 PM, but I lived in the Mountain time zone so it was 4 PM my time.

I\'m curious...Where did you live that MG was on at 4PM? I remember seeing an issue of Satellite ORBIT with the \"Denver 5\" listed and KUSA airing MG at an odd time...

jimlangefan

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 09:31:25 PM »

I lived in Cheyenne, WY and the only way we got ABC or NBC was to have cable.  Cheyenne only had a local CBS affiliate.  I just remember getting out of school at 3:30 and Match Game starting by the time I got home.

TV's Big Dealer

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 09:33:02 PM »

Well, Let\'s hope Nick can have another successful game show again...if it\'s successful, maybe kids can become lifelong fans of the genre.

Brian

To be honest growing up, I really didn\'t like the game shows just for kids.  I only watched them if nothing else was on.  For example, when I was 7 years old in 1990 at 4 PM I had the choices of Get The Picture, Supermarket Sweep, Match Game, or The Challengers.  Get The Picture very rarely won that battle.  Usually I watched Match Game.

I\'d say it\'s pretty damn impossible for GTP to have won that battle considering it didn\'t make air until 1991.

And even then, wasn\'t it on at 6 PM for its entire run? Or am I just imagining that.

Okay then. Carry on. :)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022