Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WWTBAM with Cedric's ratings...  (Read 5532 times)

brianhenke

WWTBAM with Cedric's ratings...
« on: October 18, 2013, 04:52:28 PM »

...are up over the last Meredith-hosted season. Plus, DL Hughley\'s game show (making all three surviving members of the Original Kings of Comedy game show hosts)...all in this article...

http://www.thewrap.com/want-game-show-ratings-boost-hire-original-kings-comedy-member/\'>http://www.thewrap.com/want-game-show-ratings-boost-hire-original-kings-comedy-member/ 

Brian

The leaves start to change color in May?

Matt Ottinger

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 05:17:40 PM »

Specifically (and more truthfully), the first week\'s ratings were up one-tenth in the 18-49 demographic. Millionaire\'s http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/496083-Syndication_Ratings_Syndies_Flat_to_Down_in_October_s_First_Week.php\'>overall rating for its most recently-reported week was a 2.0, which I believe is the lowest rating the show has ever seen. (Over the last couple of years, it has usually hovered between a 2.2 and 2.5.)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:18:04 PM by chad1m »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »

/Numbers are stupid.

I wish you had said something before I decided to pursue a specialized certification that\'s all about numbers.

I suppose this proves that you can look at numbers through whatever colored glasses you want to find numbers that support your hypothesis.
Travis L. Eberle

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 06:01:27 PM »

/Numbers are stupid.

I agree.

/WHAT?  I\'m off the clock.

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 08:32:04 PM »

\"....and if you loved \'Words Have Meanings\', you\'ll love the new show, \'Numbers Have Meanings\'!\"

Kevin Prather

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 08:37:19 PM »

\"....and if you loved \'Words Have Meanings\', you\'ll love the new show, \'Numbers Have Meanings\'!\"

\"Let\'s rotate the board!\"

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 10:13:06 PM »

I noticed he has removed his hat.  I\'m surprised how subdued he is, though that may be by producer dictate.  Not a lot of room to do what Ced does best.

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

JMFabiano

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 10:32:01 PM »

But you know sometimes words have 2 meanings...

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 05:55:40 AM »
I take it as a positive. I figured that the host change would\'ve resulted in quite a significant drop off. Not to say that a .2-.5 isn\'t significant but I figured Cedric coming in would definitely turn a lot more people off. If it\'s still staying in the 2 range I don\'t mind. If it drops below that...

He handles the job well. I may be biased because I was one of his first set of contestants but I was glad to see how he kept things moving. Not to say he wasn\'t above an error or two- because we had to do a little reshooting after I was done- but I liked what I saw.

And I\'m sure he does have some kind of a leash on him so he (and the contestant for that matter) won\'t take too much time away from the game.

But he does get some leeway, for sure. (I think we played off each other pretty well and there\'s a lot of stuff you didn\'t get to see.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

narzo

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 01:53:01 AM »

I noticed he has removed his hat.  I\'m surprised how subdued he is, though that may be by producer dictate.  Not a lot of room to do what Ced does best.

Didn\'t he have his hat on at first?  I quit after show #1 with him, but I actually gave up after the whole format overhaul.

herein lies the problem with taping all your shows so far in advance, an actual viewer reaction to something he wears or does can\'t be responded to.  \"One Life To Live\" had a storyline in 2003ish that resulted in such terrible viewer reaction, and ratings drop, that it was quickly abandoned.  Today you can\'t respond in such a fashion.  If they do focus groups now on his performance, it\'s too late.

cmjb13

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 09:44:11 AM »

Didn\'t he have his hat on at first?  I quit after show #1 with him, but I actually gave up after the whole format overhaul.

herein lies the problem with taping all your shows so far in advance, an actual viewer reaction to something he wears or does can\'t be responded to.  \"One Life To Live\" had a storyline in 2003ish that resulted in such terrible viewer reaction, and ratings drop, that it was quickly abandoned.  Today you can\'t respond in such a fashion.  If they do focus groups now on his performance, it\'s too late.

Was the show you saw the man with the feather boa?

Because that\'s the one that I saw and deleted the episode.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:47:48 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

BillCullen1

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 05:27:45 PM »

On the show that aired in NYC on 11/11, Cedric was hatless as well,