Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Renewed Through 2017  (Read 11669 times)

chad1m

Family Feud Renewed Through 2017
« on: December 03, 2013, 04:14:44 PM »

In http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/syndication-and-distribution/debmar-mercurys-celebrity-name-game-cleared-more-80-us/125474\'>an article noting that its new partner show Celebrity Name Game has been cleared in over 80% of the country, Debmar-Mercury announced that it has renewed Family Feud through the 2016-17 TV season, which would be the 18th season of the current incarnation.

Earlier this week, the show https://twitter.com/FamilyFeud/status/407611850881126401\'>tweeted that their most recent week of ratings data showed a household rating of 5.5, the highest number for the Feud since at least 1991. More detailed information should be released with the syndication reports later this week.

MTCesquire

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 09:56:53 PM »

*sits back and waits for the complaining*

JMFabiano

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 01:27:18 PM »

I think most people here don\'t care enough anymore...

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 02:26:44 PM »

I think most people here don\'t care enough anymore...

Enough? Are you implying we should care more?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 02:32:27 PM »

No, he is merely implying that most people don\'t care enough about getting rid of the current Feud anymore. In short, they have moved on.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 04:32:56 PM »
No, he is merely implying that most people don't care enough about getting rid of the current Feud anymore. In short, they have moved on.
I read it as saying most people here don't care enough about the current Feud to complain about how the whole "dick jokes, bodily fluids, and Steve Goes OMG! YouTube Moments(TM)" stuff is getting the show its best ratings in at least 22 years.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:52:28 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

JMFabiano

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 04:48:59 PM »

No, he is merely implying that most people don\'t care enough about getting rid of the current Feud anymore. In short, they have moved on.

I read it as saying most people here don\'t care enough about the current Feud to complain about how the whole \"dick jokes, bodily fluids, and Steve Goes OMG! YouTube Moments(TM)\" stuff is getting the show its best ratings in at least 22 years.

You and the previous poster got it.  Think before you snark, people.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 05:12:58 PM »
And what happens when the novelty wears off?

By your definition Jerry Springer\'s move to trash TV made his show the best ever.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 05:36:09 PM »

Or perhaps you could explain your point so the group at large understands it properly.
Travis L. Eberle

NickS

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »

Actually, looking at http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php?showtopic=25014&view=findpost&p=312502&hl=feud\'>this thread back in the summer, there were complaints by posters who are currently in this thread.

I\'m going to side on that if he didn\'t care enough, he wouldn\'t have commented about it.  Or am I off-base here?

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 07:04:14 PM »
I\'m sorry...what was so bad about Chris\' comment, because I don\'t see anything offensive about it. Not every single facetious statement is snark.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »

By your definition Jerry Springer\'s move to trash TV made his show the best ever.

This.  For wrestling fans, even WWE went back to PG eventually (granted it\'s cause someone killed their family, and also because the boss\' wife went into politics, but still...)  Then again, Springermania has seemed to make NOTHING off limits, to this day.  90s \"attitude\" may not be as in as it used to be, but they let the toothpaste out of the tube and there seems to be no turning back as far as shows being racy. 

The problem with Feud is twofold: the obvious one, that the best hosts of the show\'s history didn\'t need R-rated material as a crutch.  Second, they are Flanderizing what would have been a good host otherwise by deciding, \"Oh, this got this reaction from Steve once, let\'s set up everything so he ALWAYS acts like that!\"  It borders on caricature, and also makes the show less organic than the moments and humor of its predecessors (well, the 70s and 80s ones...) 

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:48:57 PM by JMFabiano »

MTCesquire

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 07:41:09 PM »

People stop watching and either they find yet ANOTHER host to squeeze a year or two more out of it, or it gets canceled.  Either way, life goes on.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 07:52:14 PM »

This.  For wrestling fans, even WWE went back to PG eventually (granted it\'s cause someone killed their family, and also because the boss\' wife went into politics, but still...)  Then again, Springermania has seemed to make NOTHING off limits, to this day.  Witness the success of anything by Seth McFarlane.  So maybe the whole movement is more immortal than we think...

You are aware that you\'re agreeing with a statement intended to point out a major flaw in an argument you made, right?

To me, I say it doesn\'t matter what kind of ratings Feud is pulling in. It kept getting renewed when it was pulling in sub-2.0 ratings, so I look at it as the stations\' continued interest in it keeping it going, not the overreliance on phallic jokes.

Not that the jump to above 5.0 isn\'t something to take notice of.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Sodboy13

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 01:05:47 AM »
Penis.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation