Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 459721 times)

TimK2003

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #960 on: July 02, 2024, 12:22:51 PM »
It's not the first time IG has not released items they promoted.  Years ago, when they had a myspace site, they promoted a DVD game version of Temptation--The New SOTC was coming to the U.S., but didn't.

But they did offer lots of love as a consolation...

bwood

« Reply #961 on: July 04, 2024, 01:15:31 AM »
Just read that Imagination no longer has licenses for WoF, Jeopardy! And PYL and have been required to remove those games from their app, despite the physical portions of the games still being available online and in store advertising the playalong Gamestar App.

However, I also read they have rebuilt the Supermarket Sweep portion of the Gamestar App for that board game and everything is functional once again.
The Supermarket Sweep game is still for sale on Amazon and it is now around $13. It was closer to $30 upon initial release.

Bob Zager

« Reply #962 on: July 06, 2024, 12:09:06 PM »
With that in mind, I wonder does Imagination Gaming still hold the licensing rights for Family Feud products.

bwood

« Reply #963 on: July 06, 2024, 08:33:53 PM »
With that in mind, I wonder does Imagination Gaming still hold the licensing rights for Family Feud products.

I would assume yes, at least for now, since it is still listed on Gamestar App & Play.
The only shows currently listed are DoND, Sweep and FF.
I emailed someone at Imagination because the Bonuses still don't scan for SS and he said that another update is coming soon to fix any residual issues.

Bob Zager

« Reply #964 on: July 23, 2024, 01:41:12 PM »
I've been a little pessimistic as to whether any new games are coming out this year, since I don't see any sneak peeks nor press releases about any. 

The recently announced Talk About reboot is slated for 2025, but I don't know if the board/card games will be released unless a new series premieres.

Some of this years new shows look like they might make good home games.  I just found out that The Floor is scheduled to return on Fox, Sept. 25; do you think that could be a good home game?  Maybe too difficult to make a board game, but maybe easier as an app/video game.  Could it be more people prefer electronic/computer/phone app games over board games in this day and age.

Maybe just certain formats would work well.  In 2016, Family Feud became part of Cardinal Industries/Spin Master/Imagination Gaming after a long-time association with Endless Games.  EG released about ten different FF games from 1997-2017.  After the transition in 2016, the above mentioned threesome of CI/SM/IG has released 20 standard size board game editions, plus the specialty card games/game cubes/travel size games.  There's no information anywhere, right now. about more FF products coming, but there have been surprises before, including Walmart/Target exclusives.

If you'd like to share thoughts, you may.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #965 on: July 23, 2024, 05:24:47 PM »
I just found out that The Floor is scheduled to return on Fox, Sept. 25; do you think that could be a good home game?  Maybe too difficult to make a board game, but maybe easier as an app/video game.  Could it be more people prefer electronic/computer/phone app games over board games in this day and age.

I think content would be ridiculously expensive to produce (photo clearances cost money (unless you are going wholly public-domain, and now you have to spend money doing stupid amounts of research to make sure your images ARE IN FACT public domain)), and you would need a lot of it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #966 on: July 23, 2024, 05:54:18 PM »
I think content would be ridiculously expensive to produce (photo clearances cost money (unless you are going wholly public-domain, and now you have to spend money doing stupid amounts of research to make sure your images ARE IN FACT public domain)), and you would need a lot of it.
I remember the game Picture Pursuit where correct answers to a Trivial Pursuit question would open one of twelve doors to reveal a portion of a picture or portrait, and the end goal was guessing the pictures. I have to imagine that pictures of real people have to be cleared. Same with the game Snapshot, except all of those were all black and white and I don't recall any specifics.
Travis L. Eberle

Bob Zager

« Reply #967 on: July 24, 2024, 02:03:25 PM »
I remember the game Picture Pursuit where correct answers to a Trivial Pursuit question would open one of twelve doors to reveal a portion of a picture or portrait, and the end goal was guessing the pictures. I have to imagine that pictures of real people have to be cleared. Same with the game Snapshot, except all of those were all black and white and I don't recall any specifics.

You both raise some good points there,  But I've wondered the chances of some, given they may have foreign home versions with home games marketed. 

There hasn't been an American version of The Wall, where it originated, but foreign editions have been released.  There is a UK board game based on The 1% Club.  I also think Lucky 13 would be fairly easy to do.  I could imagine a new one based on WWTBAM, if only to commemorate it's silver anniversary, as well as a new WOF in the next year, marking 50 years overall!

Regarding the use of photos, particularly if color prints, I wonder if when Pressman released their $100,000 Pyramid game their printing of the game material in color, like the show, was rather expensive (I'm sure it was!), that it led to them trying to keep the cost down by only using the limited subjects and all in the game (they didn't even include scoring dials like all the other versions).

BillCullen1

« Reply #968 on: July 25, 2024, 10:10:27 AM »

I also have Picture Pursuit and still bring it to my trivia meetup group. I use more recent editions of TP with the pics, since the original questions are almost 30 years old.

Bob Zager

« Reply #969 on: July 31, 2024, 11:56:37 AM »
While inside my local Target store, I noticed they updated their board game counter.  They no longer had the Family Feud related products labeled, (had been out of stock for several months), but new on board was this game, Outsmarted.  Available online for some time, this is the first time I've seen in it in any retail store:

https://www.target.com/p/outsmarted-the-live-quiz-show-game/-/A-90279395#lnk=sametab

The box was more square shaped, and, like in a couple of the other pictures, it is subtitled 'The Live Quiz Show"

While a few earlier posts mentioned a spin-off of Trivial Pursuit (Picture Pursuit), Target had another new spin-off called "Drop Trivia":

https://www.target.com/p/hasbro-gaming-drop-trivia-trivial-pursuit-game/-/A-90149358#lnk=sametab

TimK2003

« Reply #970 on: July 31, 2024, 04:20:45 PM »
Outsmarted is a pretty decent game.  I got it for Christmas.  I like the fact you can play with others around the internet and the questions (some timely) are from their online database.

Sodboy13

« Reply #971 on: August 01, 2024, 12:11:33 AM »
Another great feature of Outsmarted is the ability to set the age/difficulty of each player, so kids and adults can play together on a more level playing field.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #972 on: August 02, 2024, 08:26:58 PM »
One of the things I love about this community in recent years is that people are now filling voids on Etsy for things that directly appeal to our fandom.

First, for just $30, you can have a woodcut version of a Price nametag, customized:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1548389819/price-is-right-name-tag-sign-for-tv-show?ref=cart

Second, for $179, you can have a 3d printed replica of the classic gold Wheel puzzle board, complete with letter tiles. $349 gets you the entire 1990 stage setup, complete with wheel, contestant backdrops and bonus round envelope prop.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1757708496/1990-wheel-of-fortune-replica-set-puzzle?click_key=9c45a6cb6bbc0e82d7875658e486e613a32b4c9e%3A1757708496&click_sum=e3eac53a&ref=shop_home_active_1&frs=1&crt=1&sts=1
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #973 on: August 02, 2024, 09:33:31 PM »
$349 gets you the entire 1990 stage setup, complete with wheel, contestant backdrops and bonus round envelope prop.

*drools*

Seriously, that's like the 80s deluxe home game on steroids. Once school starts again and money isn't an issue for me it'll be hard to resist pulling the trigger on this.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #974 on: August 05, 2024, 02:21:17 PM »
Seriously, that's like the 80s deluxe home game on steroids. Once school starts again and money isn't an issue for me it'll be hard to resist pulling the trigger on this.

Unless there's a little stick or knob to control a slide rod so Vanna can "walk" back and forth on the puzzle board, kit fails.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe