Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help me out and take my Family Feud survey!  (Read 12817 times)

chad1m

Help me out and take my Family Feud survey!
« on: January 05, 2014, 04:40:17 PM »
Stuck inside on a cold day? Kill a few minutes and help me out by taking a Family Feud survey! I'll be keeping these for personal use and for future events/party games to have authentic surveys. There are 40 questions over two pages. Your participation would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and hope you have a little bit of fun.

http://chadmosher.com/wordpress/feudsurvey14/

Bryce L.

Re: Help me out and take my Family Feud survey!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 04:57:58 PM »
Just completed the survey, though there were three questions I was stumped on [so I typed (pass) on those]...

• Name something you'd never have at home, but will spring for when going out to eat.
  • Name a reason why you might argue at a family gathering.
  • Name something that hums.

Other than those, good survey!

joker316

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 05:49:26 PM »
Just took your survey, good batch of questions!
Survival of the fittest...And besides...it's FUN!!!!  ...Daffy Duck

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 05:52:58 PM »
  • Name something that hums.
Something that doesn't know the words.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

vtown7

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 09:55:52 PM »
Good questions Chad!  I was tempted to answer Archibald Leach, Bernard Schwartz and Lucille LeSueur for one question but I went with my first answer instead :)
R.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
Interesting; how difficult is it to put together something like that? I'd love to have some American responses to a game of Pointless, but don't know how high the bar to entry is.

And agree; great questions.
Travis L. Eberle

bulldog_06

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 10:43:12 PM »
Just took the survey...interesting questions. I may have to do the same. Have a family outing coming this summer.

chad1m

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 01:05:43 AM »
Thanks guys! I thought this would take longer but from posting it here and a couple of other places, I have 115-ish responses, so I am more than equipped.

dale_grass

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 01:55:14 AM »
 >:( Bastard!
 :'( I wanted to take the survey.
 ;) I liked the green theme, though.

\I love how we can see each other's winkies.
\\Hmmm...

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 09:55:12 AM »
Interesting; how difficult is it to put together something like that? I'd love to have some American responses to a game of Pointless, but don't know how high the bar to entry is.
I thought someone here set up a Pointless survey a while back.  Maybe it was someone on the Jeopardy board.  Anyway, he had what I thought were some great American questions, but I don't remember hearing what happened with the survey results.  If that person could step forward, maybe he could advise you on creating one of your own.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 11:14:18 AM »
It was Peter Sarrett, and he used the material in the massively-multiplayer game show he ran at the Sasquatch and BGG.CON board game conventions last fall.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gamed121683

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 01:03:49 PM »
Did it! I've plugged my Feud surveys a few times around here, it was only fair to return the favor...and yes, those were well-written questions. However, I have a question for Chad. How'd you get 100+ responses so quickly? The last time I did compiled a survey like this, it took me about 3 1/2 weeks to reach my triple digit goal. You said that you posted this survey in a couple of other places, would you care to share some of those? I'd love to compare notes. I too shared my last survey in a few other places, but it was like pulling teeth.

chad1m

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »
How'd you get 100+ responses so quickly?
I linked it here, a pro wrestling board I visit and on my Facebook and Twitter. I have large three-digit followings on both, so that helped out.
Chad, do you think you could ever share these responses/polls, maybe after the event you're using them for?
Yep.

chad1m

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 03:57:28 PM »
And here you all go. Here is the link to the raw survey data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AucNsXeXMmSydDRzM0dzRVkyUjd4bG5SUEZEYUlNamc&usp=sharing

And this is the link to the 100 responses, ordered and tidied, that I sampled and used for each question:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hb9nsXhx8h9nWzKaKxO22oKwcwKOAslOcmZozUEgL2s/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to consume for your own personal uses. Enjoy!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 04:27:11 PM »
And this is the link to the 100 responses, ordered and tidied, that I sampled and used for each question:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hb9nsXhx8h9nWzKaKxO22oKwcwKOAslOcmZozUEgL2s/edit?usp=sharing
The multiple choice totals don't add to 100, but there were more than 100 respondents. Hope that's merely a typo and not indecision of several answerers. :)
Travis L. Eberle