Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: High Rollers Query  (Read 2441 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
High Rollers Query
« on: December 31, 2003, 02:33:45 PM »
In a game of "High Rollers" which was being played over the internet the other night; the situation came down to something like this:

Column 1:  5
Column 2:  1  6
Column 3: (empty)

The contestant rolls an 11; leaving the 1 on the board.  What happens?

Thanks.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

ITSBRY

High Rollers Query
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 02:40:15 PM »
I know that if it were a BN game, the player would lose, but I don't recall this ever happening in Wink's version.

An educated guess though...

Next question is asked
Winner passes dice
Opponent loses

OR, the question winner automatically wins since there's no point in throwing the dice.

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

MikeK

• Martha!
High Rollers Query
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 03:30:13 PM »
There was one time during Wink's run when the 1 was the only number left on the board, and it was during The Big Numbers.  Wink told the contestant (s)he lost as there was no way to roll a 1 with 2 dice.

ITSBRY's answer seems the most logical if it was to happen in regular play.

Neumms

High Rollers Query
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 03:49:32 PM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 02:40 PM\']
OR, the question winner automatically wins since there's no point in throwing the dice.

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com [/quote]
 This had come up before, and that was the answer.

gameshowguy2000

High Rollers Query
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2003, 05:15:55 PM »
I assume that more than one question was asked in each round, right?

I also assume that questions kept getting asked, until the board was cleared, right?

That Don Guy

High Rollers Query
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2003, 05:46:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 03:49 PM\'] [quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 02:40 PM\']

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com [/quote]
This had come up before, and that was the answer. [/quote]
This happened on the Trebek version, and that is, in fact, what happened; whoever controlled the next question automatically won without the dice having to be rolled.  (In the Big Numbers, the game ended there.)

-- Don

zachhoran

High Rollers Query
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 07:26:08 PM »
[quote name=\'That Don Guy\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 05:46 PM\']
This happened on the Trebek version, and that is, in fact, what happened; whoever controlled the next question automatically won without the dice having to be rolled.  (In the Big Numbers, the game ended there.)

[/quote]
 I'd have given the player who controlled the question one shot to roll a one with one die to win the associated prizes(insurance markers not to be used)

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
High Rollers Query
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2003, 07:44:57 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 07:26 PM\'] I'd have given the player who controlled the question one shot to roll a one with one die to win the associated prizes(insurance markers not to be used) [/quote]
 Zach, that would be very unfair considering all other rolls in the game are with two dice, the usual rules should apply as in the game should end at that point, or the person who wins the question automatically wins the game. Using one die cuts the odds down much more than using two dice.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

LA the DJ

High Rollers Query
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2003, 08:48:40 PM »
I believe it just comes down to that final question, with no alteration of the rules.
Player one gets question right, there is an assumed pass, and an assumed roll, since the 1 cannot be rolled, player one wins.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
High Rollers Query
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2004, 07:45:57 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 03:15 PM\'] I assume that more than one question was asked in each round, right?

[/quote]
 Yes. A toss-up question was always asked, the winner of which given the option to play or pass.
I also assume that questions kept getting asked, until the board was cleared, right?
There were two ways to win a game of High Rollers: by rolling and knocking off the last digit(s) on the board, or by your opponent making a bad roll that failed to knock off any numbers. For each individual roll there was a toss-up question that preceded it, unless a player used an Insurance Marker (which was given to a player who rolled any double and could knock off digits with it, otherwise it was turned back in immediately for another roll) to stay alive after a bad roll; at that time the player took the new roll immediately.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gameshowguy2000

High Rollers Query
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2004, 12:25:36 PM »
OK. Thanks!