Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity 'Feuds' You Skip Over  (Read 8557 times)

The Pyramids

Celebrity 'Feuds' You Skip Over
« on: March 09, 2014, 05:44:49 PM »
From 1999 to the present, what is your pick for the most dull/least interesting celebrity week of 'Family Feud'? For me its NBA players & their mothers from either O'Hurley's second or third year.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Celebrity 'Feuds' You Skip Over
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 05:50:25 PM »
All of them.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 05:56:14 PM »
I haven't watched the show regularly in so long that none come to mind. It was annoying that if the people on the teams chafed that I'd have to wait a week to get back to normal folks, but that Feuding Families would be off after one loss.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

Thunder

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 09:52:25 PM »
The one that simply made me uncomfortable was the Al Roker-hosted version that had Ed McMahon's family. I saw it on that holiday FF marathon and it was just painful to see Ed McMahon barely able to move around.

The faceoffs with McMahon were just cringe-worthy.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 10:17:01 PM »
I found the entire Al Roker run pretty unwatchable. I think the one with the cast from My Name is Earl was probably the worst one.

The Muppets vs. Dixie Chicks week from Louie's final season was pretty weird too.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 09:35:44 AM »
I found the entire Al Roker run pretty unwatchable. I think the one with the cast from My Name is Earl was probably the worst one.

Was that the one where they basically play in character, and got "Celebrity Hot Potato/Paula Poundstone" levels of not caring about the game? 

Now, the whole "in character" thing, if done right, can be entertaining...see: the weeks on Password Plus when they did it; also, truthfully, Jon Bauman was a decent game player in Bowzer get-up. 

As for which one I'd skip?  How about the most recent one (I won't dignify it by naming the teams...actually, seeing that That and wrestling have been the only celeb weeks on Harvey Feud re-enforces its "white trashy" image...)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

JMFabiano

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 09:37:27 AM »
The one that simply made me uncomfortable was the Al Roker-hosted version that had Ed McMahon's family. I saw it on that holiday FF marathon and it was just painful to see Ed McMahon barely able to move around.

The faceoffs with McMahon were just cringe-worthy.

They needed the "remote" buzzer they used on the week Gilligan's Island's team was on, and they had one for Jim Backus. 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 12:09:49 PM »
As for which one I'd skip?  How about the most recent one (I won't dignify it by naming the teams...actually, seeing that That and wrestling have been the only celeb weeks on Harvey Feud re-enforces its "white trashy" image...)
Why not? It would be helpful to those of us know have no idea what you're going on about.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 12:43:24 PM »
I won't dignify it by naming the teams...

Maybe you should, since I have no idea what you're talking about.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 12:46:40 PM »
I won't dignify it by naming the teams...

Maybe you should, since I have no idea what you're talking about.

Honey Boo Boo v. Cake Boss, I assume.
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 02:00:38 PM »
Honey Boo Boo v. Cake Boss, I assume.

Yep, that is totally the logical leap I would have made without a single ounce of context to go on.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 05:13:12 PM »
Now, the whole "in character" thing, if done right, can be entertaining...see: the weeks on Password Plus when they did it; also, truthfully, Jon Bauman was a decent game player in Bowzer get-up.
I thought the times Vicki Lawrence played Thelma Harper on Bergeron's Hollywood Squares (were there other shows she did that on?) were amusing, although simply calling her "Mama" felt a bit out-of-place.

As for Password Plus, I thought the in-character weeks felt a bit awkward. (Thumbs up for creativity and to whoever came up with the idea, though.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:19:54 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 05:18:31 PM »
I thought the times Vicki Lawrence played Thelma Harper on Bergeron's Hollywood Squares (were there other shows she did that on?) were amusing, although simply calling her "Mama" felt a bit out-of-place.
Why?

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 05:24:31 PM »
...Why what? If you're referring to
although simply calling her "Mama" felt a bit out-of-place.
I said that because the character does have an actual name, but to my knowledge was almost never (if not outright never) used for her appearances post-Mama's Family. I have no idea why that is (could be legal issues, or perhaps just the sake of familiarity given the show's title), but it always felt odd to me that she was just called "Mama".
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:26:46 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Thunder

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 05:25:09 PM »

As for Password Plus, I thought the in-character weeks felt a bit awkward. (Thumbs up for creativity and to whoever came up with the idea, though.)

Ok folks, tell me if I'm getting the Benfield game rules...

This was a poat that added nothing but he proved that he knew a TV character's name?