Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two CBS Card Sharks Questions  (Read 6999 times)

JonSea31

Two CBS Card Sharks Questions
« on: March 14, 2014, 12:04:18 PM »
Does anybody know when the last Young People's Week of the CBS version of Card Sharks originally aired?

Also, how many Young People's Weeks were there with the range board being played for a trip to Hawaii?  I do know there was at least one, and I am leaning towards Thanksgiving Week 1988 that one of such Young People's Weeks aired.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

Vahan_Nisanian

Re: Two CBS Card Sharks Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:06:09 PM »
And here's one I have:

When the Iran-Contra hearings happened in mid-1987, how exactly did CBS handle it for Card Sharks?

dale_grass

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 12:39:02 PM »
When the Iran-Contra hearings happened in mid-1987, how exactly did CBS handle it for Card Sharks?

They traded two M198 howitzers for Bob Eubanks and a potato canon for Bill Rafferty.

chrisholland03

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 01:00:31 PM »
Ah, the potato cannon incident.  The true reason the giant cards on set quit tilting and sliding. 

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 01:12:40 PM »
Poor Bill. ;)

(They would've just held them back, no?)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Don Howard

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 01:22:53 PM »
Does anybody know when the last Young People's Week of the CBS version of Card Sharks originally aired?

Those were a piece of trash. Oh, let's get a bunch of adorable yuninns and get 'em to make Bob Eubanks giggle and stick his tongue out. Pity Bill Rafferty didn't emcee the daytime version, too. Gene Rayburn could then have hosted Blockbusters.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 01:33:16 PM »
Gene Rayburn could then have hosted Blockbusters.

I would pay to see one episode of that.

Not two though; I don't think I could stand to watch more than one.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 01:38:12 PM »
Oliver North and Fawn Hall were invited for a special edition of Card Sharks. No copy exists on tape though.
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 01:49:44 PM »
Were they caught trying to shred the cards?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »
This is something I get to say less and less as time goes on, so I better take advantage of it now:

I am sure that's an uproarious joke but I'm about ten years too young to really get it.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 02:19:03 PM »
Those were a piece of trash. Oh, let's get a bunch of adorable yuninns and get 'em to make Bob Eubanks giggle and stick his tongue out. Pity Bill Rafferty didn't emcee the daytime version, too. Gene Rayburn could then have hosted Blockbusters.
I remember watching one of these on GSN years ago, and was immediately annoyed. Not a fan of seeing 10-year-olds attempt to speculate on survey questions. It sounded forced.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

J.R.

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 02:38:34 PM »
Not a fan of seeing 10-year-olds attempt to speculate on survey questions. It sounded forced.
Honestly, I didn't care for the adults trying to do it either, especially if it was a topic they were completely unfamiliar with.

Though, I get that having the players just drone out a number without a reason would be pretty dull.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:02:50 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 02:39:03 PM »
I am sure that's an uproarious joke but I'm about ten years too young to really get it.

Fawn Hall was Ollie North's secretary who, in exchange for immunity from prosecution, testified in the Iran / Contra scandal that she smuggled and shredded a farkload of confidental documents.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 02:52:19 PM »
Honestly, I didn't care for the adults trying to it either, especially if it was a topic they were completely unfamiliar with.

Though, I get that having the players just drone out a number without a reason would be pretty dull.
I was going to say that there was an art to doing this well, but really all we need is a sentence or so. If that.

"We asked 100 people if they returned a Christmas gift this year. How many said yes they did?"
"I bet just about everyone got something they didn't want so the number will be high. I'll say 86."

Done deal.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 03:15:55 PM »
I think one sentence would've been fine. It's when it got into ex-rectum speculation that it got annoying.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!