Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Favorite GS Celebrity Couples...  (Read 7042 times)

TimK2003

Favorite GS Celebrity Couples...
« on: March 17, 2014, 06:05:01 PM »
After watching a few eps of Tattletales with the wife over the weekend, we got into a conversation about who were our favorite game show celebrity couples -- either those who appeared on TT or were maybe on the same celebrity panel at the same time on another game show but more or less were a part of the same game at the same time.

Between the two of us we came up with three:

Allen Ludden & Betty White
Bobby Van & Elaine Joyce
Charlie Brill & Mitzi McCall

Others?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:12:56 PM by TimK2003 »

Jimmy Owen

Re: Favorite GS Celebrity Couples...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 07:06:12 PM »
Bill and Ann.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 07:19:30 PM »
Chuck Woolery and Jo Ann Pflug. The Tattletales week with them, the Cullens, and the Luddens from very early in the run is quite a treat. :)
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

pyrfan

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 01:43:55 AM »
Dick and Dolly Martin. Everyone talks about when they were on "Tattletales," but I especially loved their two appearances on "Super Password" against the Newharts. Their interactions with each other were hilarious, and Dolly's laugh was infectious.

Marc412

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 10:02:38 AM »
Arlene Francis and Martin Gabel

Winkfan

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 04:46:07 PM »
Bill and Ann.

Cullen, I presume?

If we're gonna count those kind of GS parings, my choice would be Helen and Gene Rayburn. But otherwise, Betty and Allen, hands down!

Cordially,
Tammy
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 05:28:13 PM »
It seemed to me that before Allen and Betty ruled as many's favorite GS Couple, Steve Allen and Jayne Meadows held the spot in the 50s. It was fun seeing Steve and Jayne on the same panel together, or Steve on the panel and Jayne as the Mystery Guest, or when Jayne would guest on the IGAS panel after Steve took over the hosting duties.

I certainly enjoyed seeing Bill and Ann though and honestly, Bob Barker and Dorothy Jo certainly looked like they were in love. I still feel bad for Bob that he had to lose her at such a pivotal time in his career.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Don Howard

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 06:25:01 PM »
I still feel bad for Bob that he had to lose her at such a pivotal time in his career.

When would have been a better time?

BillCullen1

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 08:39:50 PM »
Other couples I can think of were Stiller & Meara, Dick Gautier & Barbara Stuart. I think Zsa Zsa was on with a different husband each time.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 06:49:10 AM »
I don't know if it counts, but Bob Goen and Marianne Curan are absolutely adorable together. I just saw them on Facebook and it reminded me of this thread.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

whewfan

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 08:14:46 AM »
For me...

Patty Duke and John Astin (in addition to Tattletales and Password Plus, I think they made one last appearance on Super Password before they got divorced)

One comment on Bill and Ann Cullen... Ann was once a guest panelist on IGAS, and I've never seen anyone that looked more lost... she had no idea what to ask.

Jay Temple

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 10:25:16 AM »
I thought the Astins did SP too; in fact, I thought I remembered GSN running that week and the P+ week concurrently back when the two shows aired back to back in the evenings. Looking at my episode list, however, I can't find it. I can't even find a week that pyrfan mentioned with Betty White and John Astin shortly after (or perhaps during) their divorce.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 10:39:21 AM »
Dick Sargent and Fannie Flagg
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

pyrfan

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 02:04:16 AM »
I thought the Astins did SP too; in fact, I thought I remembered GSN running that week and the P+ week concurrently back when the two shows aired back to back in the evenings. Looking at my episode list, however, I can't find it. I can't even find a week that pyrfan mentioned with Betty White and John Astin shortly after (or perhaps during) their divorce.
They did do "Super Password" -- Patty five times and John two -- but not together. Betty White and John did "Password Plus" against each other soon after Allen Ludden's return to the show after Bill Cullen subbed for him.

BillCullen1

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 08:26:22 AM »
They did do "Super Password" -- Patty five times and John two -- but not together. Betty White and John did "Password Plus" against each other soon after Allen Ludden's return to the show after Bill Cullen subbed for him.   

IIRC, the Astins also did PP the very first week Tom Kennedy became the host.