Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suggestions wanted for a game show prop.  (Read 13133 times)

Fedya

Re: Suggestions wanted for a game show prop.
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2014, 08:32:22 AM »
Now that the prop has been established, may we see a photograph of your hostess?

She's got eggs;
She knows how to use them....

She's got eggs;
She knows how to use them....

(OT: Is there any way to have a text link be to a Youtube video without the video embedding automatically?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:36:38 AM by Fedya »
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2014, 12:22:45 PM »
Now that the prop has been established, may we see a photograph of your hostess?
Her name is Suzy and she's a hostess.

Thunder

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 03:29:30 PM »

The password is "Creepy".

Don Howard

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2014, 05:06:36 PM »

The password is "Creepy".

Unless he's invading the school playground, I don't see how. I'm not asking for nudes. Just a picture.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2014, 09:56:11 PM »
Just a quick note to those who are curious.  The game turned out to be a big hit last night.  Turnout was not quite what we had hoped, but participation in the game exceeded anybody's expectations.  Each round (we played three) started with sixty or so players, which we whittled down in the Runaround game ("Act One") to less than nine.  Even granting each player the "Egg of Forgiveness", this usually took only four or five questions.

We needed nine to play the next round, so if we had fewer (which we usually did), players could come back on stage by being first and loudest to shout out correct answers in a themed quiz.  For example, in "Hail to the Chief", I named an actor, and they had to tell me what American president that actor was known for playing on stage.

The nine players were divided into three teams for the next game ("Act Two"), which was a knockout game along the lines of The Rich List, where teams in turn had to come up with items in a category, such as naming any one of the thirty longest-running musicals in history.

The surviving team of three played the final question ("Curtain Call") against each other, with each one writing down the answer to a numerical question (What is the seating capacity of the George Gershwin Theatre, the largest theater on Broadway?) and the closest to the correct answer winning the game.

There are assorted pictures from a variety of sources.  Nothing professional, just cell phone snaps here and there.  I'll try to post a few later.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2014, 10:11:56 PM »
My parents are constantly looking for things to do for the office Christmas party. We've had some real hits and some clunkers as well. I would love to do something like this but they weren't too keen on the idea of a pub quiz last time. I'm so blissfully happy that it went well and that people enjoyed it.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2014, 10:17:58 PM »
My parents are constantly looking for things to do for the office Christmas party. We've had some real hits and some clunkers as well. I would love to do something like this but they weren't too keen on the idea of a pub quiz last time. I'm so blissfully happy that it went well and that people enjoyed it.

The comment that came up most often is that it was a great way to involve an awful lot of people with minimal pressure on them to perform.  Also, we didn't make players run to the choices.  There were octogenarians and even a nonagenarian playing.  Everybody started on stage and just slid to their selections.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.