Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Class of 1939 Yearbook (From Bill Cullen's HS) on eBay!  (Read 2041 times)

Bob Zager

Class of 1939 Yearbook (From Bill Cullen's HS) on eBay!
« on: April 16, 2014, 01:47:30 PM »
The asking price may be high, but people like Matt O and Adam N in particular, it's worth checking it out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILL-CULLEN-High-School-Yearbook-PRICE-is-RIGHT-PYRAMID-/301146164573?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461db5cd5d#ht_0wt_0

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Re: Class of 1939 Yearbook (From Bill Cullen's HS) on eBay!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 06:07:06 PM »
Yeah, $230 may be a bit high, but considering the relatively-good quality for its age and the fact it's got a pre-radio Bill I can understand why the seller is asking for so much. At the very least, the pictures are worth saving.

As for the book itself, Bill was apparently known as "Spike" in senior year, and the list of interests (or specialty classes taken; not sure) include Radio. The rhyming blurb is also pretty notable:

A true born statesman is our Bill,
With a gift of gab, and determined will.

I think that pretty accurately describes Bill and what he did over the next 50 years.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:11:53 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 06:17:05 PM »
Yeah, $230 may be a bit high, but considering the relatively-good quality for its age and the fact it's got a pre-radio Bill I can understand why the seller is asking for so much. At the very least, the pictures are worth saving.
If the seller can get someone to part with $230, then the cost was indeed correct.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 08:12:27 PM »
I don't think it's so much pre-radio Bill as much as it is a 75-year-old yearbook featuring a future celebrity. Honestly, that price for a HS yearbook from that era seems a bit low, celebrity or not.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 08:46:53 PM »
I can tell you that the three biggest Bill Cullen fans that I know have all decided that the price isn't right. 
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 08:51:30 PM »
Agreed. Actually, it was writing and publishing the book that probably caused my "meh" reaction to this. I now have the original print of Bill's yearbook pic and that's about 99% of the appeal in owning something like this.