Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2014 Daytime Emmy Nominations  (Read 4585 times)

Matt Ottinger

2014 Daytime Emmy Nominations
« on: May 01, 2014, 10:31:01 AM »
OUTSTANDING GAME SHOW
The American Bible Challenge
The Chase
Jeopardy!
Let's Make a Deal
The Price is Right
Wheel of Fortune

Is this the first time GSN has had two nominees in the category?

OUTSTANDING GAME SHOW HOST
Wayne Brady
Jeff Foxworthy
Steve Harvey
Todd Newton

Who'd have thought that there would come a day when the only "traditional" game show host in the category would be Todd Newton?

In other nods, Wheel is recognized for "Outstanding Achievement in Lighting Direction", Price for "Outstanding Technical Team" and Let's Make a Deal for "Original Song".  The song is 30,000 Reasons to Love Me, and it's credited to composer Cat Grey and lyricist Wayne Brady.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

brianhenke

Re: 2014 Daytime Emmy Nominations
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 11:24:16 AM »
 Incidentally, the awards may not be televised this year. The press release doesn't mention any network or cable station (HLN aired the show the last two years).

Brian
The leaves start to change color in May?

davemackey

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 11:36:17 AM »
OUTSTANDING GAME SHOW
The Chase
Jeopardy!
Let's Make a Deal
The Price is Right
Wheel of Fortune
"Wheel"'s nomination includes a posthumous nod to Mark Corwin, which I think is an extremely gracious touch.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 03:31:36 PM »
Incidentally, the awards may not be televised this year. The press release doesn't mention any network or cable station (HLN aired the show the last two years).

While it should not be surprising when our friend Mr. Henke jumps to conclusions, I have been told reliably that the awards will once again be presented on HLN this time around.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Winkfan

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 03:50:02 PM »
OUTSTANDING GAME SHOW
The Chase
Jeopardy!
Let's Make a Deal
The Price is Right
Wheel of Fortune

My money is on TABC to take this one.

OUTSTANDING GAME SHOW HOST
Wayne Brady
Jeff Foxworthy
Steve Harvey
Todd Newton

Who'd have thought that there would come a day when the only "traditional" game show host in the category would be Todd Newton?

This one will be a toss-up between the Misters Foxworthy and Newton.

Cordially,
Tammy

P.S. No word on who will get this year's "Lifetime Acheivement" honor; but in a certain someone's house in Calabasas, that someone has their fingers crossed.....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:35:38 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

Thunder

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 12:55:50 AM »

While it should not be surprising when our friend Mr. Henke jumps to conclusions, I have been told reliably that the awards will once again be presented on HLN this time around.

Oops.

chad1m

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 04:07:29 PM »
Oops.
It would serve you (and everyone reading) better to provide an explanation of why you're snarking instead of just defecating in the room and walking away.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 04:11:04 PM »
It would serve you (and everyone reading) better to provide an explanation of why you're snarking instead of just defecating in the room and walking away.
It would certainly serve the group at large. I'm all for snark well-aimed, but it is tiring to see the poop-and-run jobs.
Travis L. Eberle

Thunder