Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Shows..any interest?  (Read 2106 times)

Jimmy Owen

New Shows..any interest?
« on: May 17, 2014, 09:27:26 AM »
Some of the new shows are somewhat off the radar.  I saw some promos for what looked to be a game show with Steve Carrell, also noticed a new kid's version of WLD.  Any interest in these shows?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DoItRockapella

Re: New Shows..any interest?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 10:19:53 AM »
If WLD means Win Lose Or Draw, the kids version premiered months ago on Disney Channel. I thought it was decent.

I haven't heard of a game show with Steve Carrell though...anybody got more information?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 11:14:57 AM »
It's not a game show in the traditional sense but it could be considered one depending on your mileage. It's called "Riot" and apparently is a hit in its original incarnation overseas.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 11:29:38 AM »
Steve Carrell is the executive producer, and was the celebrity guest for episode 1 only, of Riot.

It's a pleasant enough little improv comedy show, but I already feel like I've seen everything it has to offer.
@lambertman

DoItRockapella

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up. I had heard of Riot, but didn't know about Steve Carrell's connection.