Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pat Sajak is feeling the heat...  (Read 13855 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Pat Sajak is feeling the heat...
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2014, 05:04:33 AM »
Pat has tweeted and issued a statement saying "Of course I was joking. Just mocking the name-calling that is directed at global warming skeptics within and without the scientific community.”

So BrandonFG was right in calling this a poorly executed trolljob. As someone who agrees with Pat politically, I even found the tweet to be uncharacteristically brash. His political tweets are usually more subtle and feature his trademark dry wit. But this one wasn't obvious that it was satire, especially to anyone who doesn't know Pat's sense of humor.

Poorly executed ain't the word. Woefully underestimating the ability of the user to get the joke is more my speed.

The Internet and sarcasm aren't always interchangeable. :)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2014, 10:10:20 AM »
Thing is, I've always been impressed with Sajak's sense of humor.  This one was a bizarre misfire, but the beauty of the polarized world that we live in is that you can still blame both sides.  A lot of people are still going to say that Sajak crossed a line with his comments, no matter what the intent.  Meanwhile, you can be sure that Sajak is thinking that a bunch of thin-skinned liberals didn't get the joke.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2014, 11:16:12 AM »
I like how one tweet is enough to qualify as a "rant" or "online outburst."

-Jason

That's actually the whole Internet for ya.  I've been accused of whining just by saying hi, believe it or not
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15