Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hasbro Studios To Launch New Monopoly Game Show...  (Read 7382 times)

DoItRockapella

Hasbro Studios To Launch New Monopoly Game Show...
« on: June 15, 2014, 09:11:05 PM »
...as a lottery game show, to tie in with a new US national lottery game in the vein of Powerball or Mega Millions.

http://www.publicgaming.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15322:national-premium-game-for-us-lotteries-set-to-launch-in-2014-unified-effort-among-lottery-leaders-creates-the-most-exciting-new-game-in-lottery-history&catid=30:us-lottery&Itemid=30

Not sure what to say, apart from the fact that if this is going to start in October (as the article says), I thought I'd be able to find more about it then a few articles that were published months ago.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Hasbro Studios To Launch New Monopoly Game Show...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 04:40:24 AM »
So the Powerball people are getting back into the game show biz.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 11:21:24 AM »
Well, no, it sounds like the Powerball people are farming out the game show biz.

And, actually, taking it a step further, it sounds like this game actually has nothing to do with Powerball at all aside from being organized by the same consortium of lottery states.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jamey Greek

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 01:23:27 PM »
Years before powerball Disney tried to do a live lottery game show that would air live every night but pulled out.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 03:12:34 PM »
Well, no, it sounds like the Powerball people are farming out the game show biz.
Of course it's possible that the Powerball people are farming it back out to the same people in the game show biz they did before.  I think it's unlikely, but it could happen.
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 04:13:17 PM »
Of course it's possible that the Powerball people are farming it back out to the same people in the game show biz they did before.  I think it's unlikely, but it could happen.

Once again I feel compelled to point out that this game isn't associated in any way with Powerball aside from being under the auspices of the same consortium that includes Powerball. This is a separate lottery unto itself.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 09:55:02 PM »
Years before powerball Disney tried to do a live lottery game show that would air live every night but pulled out.

[citation needed]
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

chad1m

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 11:42:11 PM »
[citation needed]
[1][2][3]
(aka the first three Google hits of "Disney lottery game show")

PYLdude

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 02:30:39 AM »
[citation needed]
[1][2][3]
(aka the first three Google hits of "Disney lottery game show")

Easy there. All you had to do was link. I had a legit reason for calling Jamey G. on his info, considering how prone he's been to making us jump through hoops for info.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:51:48 AM by PYLdude »

DoItRockapella

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 08:09:10 PM »
Bumping because I found another article - according to this, the show's going to be on GSN.

http://www.modbee.com/2014/06/23/3405828/south-dakota-lottery-to-offer.html?sp=/99/2628/

I guess I had in my head it would be syndicated like the old Powerball game show was...

PYLdude

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 09:13:56 PM »
I think it's better that way- at least having it on a network won't make markets uninclined to carry it locally.

Jamey Greek

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 05:21:52 AM »
You know come to think of it, I wish both versions of powerball were simulcast on GSN.  Neither of the states I lived in during it's run (Georgia and Alabama) did not air it sadly.

PYLdude

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 05:30:44 AM »
You know come to think of it, I wish both versions of powerball were simulcast on GSN.  Neither of the states I lived in during it's run (Georgia and Alabama) did not air it sadly.

Good reason for that.

Georgia was a Mega Millions state back then and Alabama doesn't have a lottery.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 02:42:02 PM »
If they were of a mind they could wrap a game show around the lottery draws like they do in England (the fact that Winning Lines began with 49 candidates at the top of the show was no coincidence).

If you have a computer or your town is big enough to have a newspaper you have means to get the drawing numbers. If they were going to simulcast wouldn't they do it on a network, or affiliate chosen by each market...surely they wouldn't pick GSN just for the tenuous branding link?

My furtive research shows that Washington state no longer broadcasts the draw itself; I guess they came to the same conclusion I did: people who play will find out what the numbers are and don't have to know it right away.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 02:50:31 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Jamey Greek

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 02:56:45 PM »

Good reason for that.

Georgia was a Mega Millions state back then and Alabama doesn't have a lottery.

I am well aware of that sir