Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More Gambit eps. from Winc?  (Read 5609 times)

BrandonFG

More Gambit eps. from Winc?
« on: June 20, 2014, 04:07:46 PM »
The Winker just posted on his FB page that he found a Betamax recording of the final two episodes, from Dec. 9 and 10, 1976. His "team" is making the transfer happen very soon.

Would love to know what else he may have on Betamax.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Thunder

Re: More Gambit eps. from Winc?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 08:46:16 PM »
In my work in law enforcement, I am amazed at how things are often "found" at opportune times.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 10:44:33 PM »
In my work in law enforcement, I am amazed at how things are often "found" at opportune times.

Or "lost" for that matter.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:21:28 AM »
The Winker just posted on his FB page that he found a Betamax recording of the final two episodes, from Dec. 9 and 10, 1976. His "team" is making the transfer happen very soon.

Would love to know what else he John Ricci may have on Betamax.

Let's be accurate. Wink's got creative control of what gets put there and what doesn't but I doubt many, if any, of these are part of his collection.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

snowpeck

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 12:25:01 AM »

Let's be accurate. Wink's got creative control of what gets put there and what doesn't but I doubt many, if any, of these are part of his collection.
I would agree with you on just about everything that's gone up on Wink's Youtube page thus far, but this strikes me as something Wink may actually be in possession of.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

PYLdude

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 05:00:04 AM »

I would agree with you on just about everything that's gone up on Wink's Youtube page thus far, but this strikes me as something Wink may actually be in possession of.

Operative word being "may".

And although I have nothing but respect for Wink, I'm really curious as to how he got roped into this whole deal.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 01:05:06 PM »

So, wait, you're dismissing this because Greg qualified his statement to allow for the possibility that he might not be all-knowing? Bad form.

And although I have nothing but respect for Wink, I'm really curious as to how he got roped into this whole deal.

Interestingly, sometimes people do favors for each other. I love how you assume he's been dragged into it kicking and screaming.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 01:38:36 PM »
Gambit was his first show that could qualify as a "hit". I could see him keeping a couple of episodes (esp. the final two) as a memento of his time on the show. If this belonged to John and (the partner whose name escapes me), I have a feeling the eps. would've been converted a while ago, even with John's perceived rep around here.

I'm sure John has made a few moves in Hollywood and rubbed elbows, with his pilots and pitches and all. Perhaps the stars just lined up for him and Wink. It happens (shrug).
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 08:46:47 PM »

So, wait, you're dismissing this because Greg qualified his statement to allow for the possibility that he might not be all-knowing? Bad form.

Not dismissing it at all. In fact I agree with Greg in regards to the Betamax tapes being something that might actually belong to Wink. However, I'm not going to believe it until I see it for myself.

Interestingly, sometimes people do favors for each other. I love how you assume he's been dragged into it kicking and screaming.

I'll take "putting words in my mouth" for $200.

I don't think Wink did this unwillingly at all. I'm just curiius as to the circumstances.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 09:59:13 PM »
I'll take "putting words in my mouth" for $200.

I don't think Wink did this unwillingly at all.

Quoting you:

I'm really curious as to how he got roped into

...and then we head to dictionary.com:

rope in, Informal. to lure or entice, especially by employing deception: The swindler had roped in a number of gullible persons.

So, which is it?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Thunder

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 11:27:41 PM »
You're better than most lawyers I know, sir.

dale_grass

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 12:27:04 AM »
...and then we head to dictionary.com

Hey, no fair dragging references into an internet forum.  Here's the only source you need:

Chris felt the meaning of what he said. He doesn't need any highfalutin dictionary.

PYLdude

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 02:01:18 AM »
...and then we head to dictionary.com

Hey, no fair dragging references into an internet forum.  Here's the only source you need:

Chris felt the meaning of what he said. He doesn't need any highfalutin dictionary.

You gotta be kidding me. I mean, really?

Who made the final decision as to whether or not to do this venture? It was Wink. So whatever may or may not have happened in the planning stages, in the end it was Wink's call, and by giving his approval he became a willing participant.

(seriously Dale, what the hell, man? What'd I do to you to get you so cheesed off all of a sudden?)

dale_grass

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 08:57:08 AM »
(seriously Dale, what the hell, man? What'd I do to you to get you so cheesed off all of a sudden?)

Don't fret, I'm not cheesed off at you.  I was just feeling catty last night.

Now simply concede you said 'roped into' when you meant to say 'involved with' and we can all move on with our lives.

PYLdude

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2014, 02:27:09 PM »

Don't fret, I'm not cheesed off at you.  I was just feeling catty last night.

Now simply concede you said 'roped into' when you meant to say 'involved with' and we can all move on with our lives.

Done and done.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 02:37:55 PM by PYLdude »