Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Set pics for Millionaire this year.  (Read 5417 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Set pics for Millionaire this year.
« on: June 21, 2014, 12:29:42 AM »
Looks like a throwback to the hot seat era, a little.

http://i.instagram.com/p/pejZYGgrHT/
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

Re: Set pics for Millionaire this year.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 01:23:44 AM »
For a second there, I thought they brought back the Hot Seat. I like it a lot more than the podium they'd used the past couple seasons.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 04:41:26 AM »
For a second there, I thought they brought back the Hot Seat. I like it a lot more than the podium they'd used the past couple seasons.

I don't understand what was wrong with the big orange cylinder they introduced with the shuffle format. The clear lucite on a stick look they used last year looked flimsy.

Then again, I make anything look flimsy when I stand behind it. :)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 11:47:16 AM »
Looks to me like the contestant will now push a button for their answer and than another to lock it in

dale_grass

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 01:47:53 PM »
Looks to me like the contestant will now push a button for their answer and than another to lock it in

Looks to me like there's no way to tell from that photo.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 01:56:58 PM »

Holy crap this. I'd love to know where GSC even gets that *inkling*, besides "far up his rectum."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 02:30:53 PM »
I see a yellow spot on the top portion of the contestant monitor (?). But that looks more like a reflection from the game board, and not a button.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

PYLdude

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 02:08:15 AM »

Holy crap this. I'd love to know where GSC even gets that *inkling*, besides "far up his rectum."

It isn't too far off...why are there screens in the podia then?

The yellow light is a reflection from the big screen, sure. But to me, it seems superfluous to put a screen in the podium when you already have the giant screen on the wall. Unless there's more changes to the set pieces than what's displayed...maybe they got rid of the host screen or the money wall?

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 02:45:05 AM »
Looking at it again, it appears the surface of the contestant area is curved and angled, as opposed to a rectangular monitor. Maybe it's just that...a surface or a resting pad.

PYLdude

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 03:04:38 AM »
Looking at it again, it appears the surface of the contestant area is curved and angled, as opposed to a rectangular monitor. Maybe it's just that...a surface or a resting pad.

Could well be, but I still think it's a screen. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

PYLdude

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 06:08:57 AM »
Upon further review, perhaps they aren't actually getting rid of the host screen...I see a reflection of a screen with stuff displayed on it in the mirrored floor (which looks like they decided to go with smaller reflective pieces...I seem to remember them being bigger).

If they're going with white instead of the reddish goldish color for the lighting I think it's a nice touch.

Question for our more observant members: when they moved production last year, did they simply strike the set at Lincoln Square and move it uptown or was it totally rebuilt? I was curious and I honestly didn't see enough of Meredith's last season to notice. Nor did I ask them (and why I ask now I don't know).

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 12:41:32 PM »
Upon further review, perhaps they aren't actually getting rid of the host screen...I see a reflection of a screen with stuff displayed on it in the mirrored floor (which looks like they decided to go with smaller reflective pieces...I seem to remember them being bigger).

If I'm looking at the same reflection you're looking at, that appears to be a reflection of the screen behind the man's head (when he posted the picture, he concealed the text that was displayed on the screen but didn't catch the reflections of choices A and C on the floor).

I agree with Brandon -- that black area on the contestant side appears to just be some kind of surface as opposed to a monitor.

chad1m

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 02:09:31 PM »
Here's a closer picture. It's not a monitor.

PYLdude

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 09:24:36 PM »
Okay then.

Wonder who the other three folks in the picture are.

colonial

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
Looking at this picture, it appears the gentleman with the bow tie is Terry Crews' agent ...

https://twitter.com/terrycrews/status/231911777296859136

The guy on the far right might be the show's new EP, James Rawley.

JD