Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime Emmy Awards Winners...  (Read 7517 times)

brianhenke

Daytime Emmy Awards Winners...
« on: June 21, 2014, 08:15:06 AM »
   At last night's Creative Arts Daytime Emmy Awards, WOF won for Outstanding Achievement in  Lighting Direction (tie with the Ellen DeGeneres Show), and Wayne Brady won for Outstanding Original Song (30,000 Reasons to Love Me - this incarnation of  LMAD's first Daytime Emmy win).

Brian
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:20:13 PM by brianhenke »
The leaves start to change color in May?

BrandonFG

Re: Daytime Emmy Awards Winners...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 09:16:22 PM »
In the televised webivised portion, Steve Harvey wins for Outstanding Game Show Host; Jeopardy! wins for Outstanding Game Show (its 14th overall). Steve's talk show also won Outstanding Talk Show.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Winkfan

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 10:54:28 PM »
In the televised webivised portion, Steve Harvey wins for Outstanding Game Show Host; Jeopardy! wins for Outstanding Game Show (its 14th overall). Steve's talk show also won Outstanding Talk Show.

That makes FF the third game show to have two different hosts win in the same category (Richard Dawson won way back in 1978, when the Daytime Emmys were the Daytime Emmys).

On the other hand, my predictions were wrong.....<King Leonardo>CONFOUNDIT!</KL>

Cordially,
Tammy
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 11:29:44 PM »

That makes FF the third game show to have two different hosts win in the same category (Richard Dawson won way back in 1978, when the Daytime Emmys were the Daytime Emmys).

They still are.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 11:58:02 PM »
When exactly did they stop being the Daytime Emmys, Tammy?

Jeez.
Travis L. Eberle

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 12:23:29 AM »

They still are.

Jeez.
Well, if I read her quote and emphasis correctly, she was referring to the period of time when the Daytime Emmys actually aired during the daytime. Which, to my best knowledge, they currently do not.

Granted her emphasis probably should've been kept to the word "daytime" to carry the point across, but perhaps she's not as off base as you two seem to think she is.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 12:29:27 AM »
Granted her emphasis probably should've been kept to the word "daytime" to carry the point across, but perhaps she's not as off base as you two seem to think she is.
Then she should amend her statement or expand upon it.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 12:45:18 AM »

They still are.

Jeez.
Well, if I read her quote and emphasis correctly, she was referring to the period of time when the Daytime Emmys actually aired during the daytime. Which, to my best knowledge, they currently do not.

Oh, I knew exactly what she meant. And my point still stands.

( For the record, I've got nothing against Tammy...but man, sometimes I have to scratch my head at the stuff she comes up with.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:18:39 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

chad1m

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 04:09:03 AM »
Here are the relevant videos from the ceremony:

PYLdude

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 04:17:25 AM »
Is it just me or does Mark Labbett look like he just rolled out of bed?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 11:13:55 AM »
Is it just me or does Mark Labbett look like he just rolled out of bed?

I was gonna say; he couldn't comb his hair for this? :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Winkfan

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 05:32:40 PM »
Then she should amend her statement or expand upon it.

Call me an "Old Lady Perkins" (you Match Game fans get me?), but I was referring to when the Daytime Emmys weren't used as "tourist ads" and such; as when they were held in Las Vegas two years in a row. Heck, the Game Show Congress put on better ceremonies than what the Daytime Emmy folk have tried to do in recent years.

Cordially,
Tammy

P.S. Next year, or towards the end of this year, I hope they give the Winkster a "Lifetime Acheivement" honor in a separate ceremony; that's what they did for Geno (Rayburn) back in 1999.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:19:38 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 05:43:37 PM »
Call me an "Old Lady Perkins" (you Match Game fans get me?),
No, I truly don't.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 06:07:08 PM »
P.S. Next year, or towards the end of the year, I hope they give the Winkser a "Lifetime Acheivement" honor in a separate ceremony; that's what they did for Geno (Rayburn) back in 1999.

As long as they do it when his wife can make it to celebrate along with him. Family is important.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 06:18:41 PM »
So you're saying they should invite...that woman, doggone it, what's her name?
Travis L. Eberle