Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Radio ad for "The Chase."  (Read 4247 times)

Jimmy Owen

Radio ad for "The Chase."
« on: July 02, 2014, 07:48:48 AM »
Just ran one from Westwood One.  "Quizmaster Mark 'The Beast' Labett" is mentioned in the spot. No mention of question reader Brooke.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:49:52 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Re: Radio ad for "The Chase."
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 01:18:12 PM »
Just ran one from Westwood One.  "Quizmaster Mark 'The Beast' Labett" is mentioned in the spot. No mention of question reader Brooke.
Why would she be?  She plays a very secondary role in the show, in my opinion.

Or did I just get 8/10ed?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 02:11:12 PM »
She plays a very secondary role in the show, in my opinion.
I just wanted to highlight this for posterity; that the host of a game show plays "a secondary role."

(I suppose you could say that the host is secondary to the contestants. I wouldn't, as a good host shares the spotlight in a game of give-and-take with the contestants, but you could say that.)
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 02:20:54 PM »
I'm going to guess that Jimmy was merely commenting on the use of the term "Quizmaster" (almost assuredly intended as "quiz master") as applied to the panelist (on a one-man panel) as opposed to the host, rather than the escalation-in-aggressiveness that Mark turned it into.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 03:17:32 PM »
She plays a very secondary role in the show, in my opinion.
I just wanted to highlight this for posterity; that the host of a game show plays "a secondary role."

(I suppose you could say that the host is secondary to the contestants. I wouldn't, as a good host shares the spotlight in a game of give-and-take with the contestants, but you could say that.)
Are you watching the show for Brooke, or are you watching to see if the contestants can beat Mark?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 03:38:05 PM »
Since I don't get GSN, I'm not a regular viewer. To your disingenuous bear-trap of a question, I say "Yes. Yes I am."
Travis L. Eberle

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 04:44:02 AM »
I'm going to guess that Jimmy was merely commenting on the use of the term "Quizmaster" (almost assuredly intended as "quiz master") as applied to the panelist (on a one-man panel) as opposed to the host, rather than the escalation-in-aggressiveness that Mark turned it into.
Yes.  I always have thought "Quiz master" was in reference to the host, or question reader.  While just a matter of word order,  but maybe "Master of the Quiz" would have been a more apt description for Mark Labett.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BillCullen1

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 09:49:26 AM »
I also heard the radio ad this morning, on 1010 WINS, a major newsradio station here in NYC. I'll definitely be watching new eps of The Chase starting July 8.