Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebs on Family Game Night (FGN)  (Read 6150 times)

BillCullen1

Celebs on Family Game Night (FGN)
« on: July 22, 2014, 11:22:21 AM »
FGN starts airing new episodes in August. According to a promo I saw on The Hub network, there will be a celebrity edition of FGN on August 3. Not sure if they will have celebs all season or if this is just a special episode with celebs.

BillCullen1

Re: Celebs on Family Game Night (FGN)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 09:52:58 AM »
Saw the new episode. For this season, on each show, a celeb and their family will be featured playing one of the games for $10,000 for their charity. The games are "solo games" so the celeb's family will not compete with another family. The celeb's family does not play the bonus round at the end.

Last night, the celeb's family played Monopoly Remix. They still play five games a show. Apparently, no new games this season.

whewfan

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 06:11:49 AM »
I would've preferred new games to celebs, but what can ya do? There are also a few cosmetic changes. Yahtzee now has a large touch screen board that has the answers on it. Sorry's cards have new graphics. Those were the only ones I've noticed.

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 10:06:45 AM »
I would've preferred new games to celebs, but what can ya do? There are also a few cosmetic changes. Yahtzee now has a large touch screen board that has the answers on it. Sorry's cards have new graphics. Those were the only ones I've noticed.

I also would've preferred new games, or bringing back some of the retired ones, like Boggle, Twister, Guesstures or Cranium. They seem to be playing games that require more physical than mental ability these days.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 11:59:22 AM »
I also would've preferred new games, or bringing back some of the retired ones, like Boggle, Twister, Guesstures or Cranium. They seem to be playing games that require more physical than mental ability these days.
Isn't Guesstures a game of charades?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 12:36:17 PM »
Isn't Guesstures a game of charades?

Yes. That does not make it a game of physical prowess.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 06:34:17 PM »
There are also a few cosmetic changes. Yahtzee now has a large touch screen board that has the answers on it.

To get really technical, it appears that those aren't touchscreens so much as they're just six monitors that the contestant touches, which cues the person operating the computer to light up the answer (given that the length of time between "touching" and "lighting up" has noticeably varied).

I also would've preferred new games, or bringing back some of the retired ones, like Boggle, Twister, Guesstures or Cranium.

I don't miss Twister -- the game usually came down to who could avoid the disappearing dots the longest, as opposed to watching people try to not fall down. And personally, I'd only want to see Guesstures come back in a new form -- there's a limited number of things that can be pantomimed when the players' legs are dangling in midair. I do miss Boggle and Scrabble though, as those had the best play-at-home value. (And with the celebrity players this year, they could have done it: "Is your family comfortable with playing word games? They are? Great!")

BillCullen1

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 08:04:30 PM »
Another cosmetic change - the number of blocks to remove in Jenga are now on a mini Jenga stack with 1s, 2s, 3s and two zeros on it.

Thunder

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 12:26:05 AM »
...(And with the celebrity players this year, they could have done it: "Is your family comfortable with playing word games? They are? Great!")...

They're not? That's too bad...

BillCullen1

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 01:36:37 PM »
Something a little different on FGN that aired on Oct 5. Two stars of the WWE played all five games with audience members. Games included Bop It, Jenga and Simon Flash.