Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's Ask America Season 3 (aka Let's Cut the Prize Money)  (Read 2619 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Let's Ask America Season 3 (aka Let's Cut the Prize Money)
« on: September 08, 2014, 08:06:43 PM »
The little game show that could has some changes for season 3:

*  We know about Bill Bellamy.  He's not as laid back as Kevin Pereira.  He shares the same enthusiasm as the contestants.
*  A new theme.  It sounds like a dance track you'd hear in a club.
*  Less money.  The top prize is now $35,000.  Questions in round 1 are $100, $150, $200, and $300.  Questions in round 2 are $500, $750, and $1000.  Round 3's questions are worth $1500 and $2500.  The final question is still worth 5x if a contestant wagers the lot.

It feels like a different show than what you can catch on GSN.  Getting a name (OK, bigger name than Kevin Pereira) to host might bring more eyes to the show.

ETA:  Just...merge with that one above.  I knew I should have put money on a certain someone creating a duplicate topic with no regard to what has been posted.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:17:44 PM by MikeK »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Let's Ask America Season 3 (aka Let's Cut the Prize Money)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 08:45:50 PM »
In exchange for cutting the prize money it does look like they balanced out the money so that the last question in each round isn't worth quite so much, so I guess that solves something.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Let's Ask America Season 3 (aka Let's Cut the Prize Money)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 09:47:15 PM »
So I wasn't hearing things when they asked me what I'd do w/my money if I won big. But they said $30k if I remember. Guess that changed.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022