Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TVLand dips their toe into game shows  (Read 13416 times)

Fedya

Re: TVLand dips their toe into game shows
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 03:31:06 PM »
If Oprah Winfrey can have her own cable channel, why not Steve Harvey?  ;-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 05:10:34 PM »

Steve Harvey Inspirational Television.  Can't wait to see it abbreviated in the grid.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 06:06:12 PM »

Steve Harvey Inspirational Television.  Can't wait to see it abbreviated in the grid.
<like>
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 08:13:25 PM »
In the future, television will only be Steve Harvey and football.
This signature is currently under construction.

snowpeck

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 09:22:37 PM »
I admire the audacity of the sales force.  Selling the same product to THREE different cable channels, while the show is still being offered in first-run syndication, takes a special kind of smooth.
With his talk show and double run of Feud, it's possible for someone to see him on network television 15 times a week.

When you factor in GSN, and now TVLand and BET reruns of Feud, in addition to his old sitcom being rerun on Centric (think BET 2), his amount of appearances on TV start to reach astronomical totals.
Don't forget that some markets have a double-double run of Feud (the other double run being shows that are a season or two old). It looks like Centric is going to be running Feud as well in the afternoons.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 04:08:13 PM »
Just saw a promo that Harvey Feud will also be airing soon on BET.

True, but at a very early time: 8am EST, starting on the 29th as well.

Tyshaun
That puts Steve in conflict with his nationally syndicated morning radio show.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Thunder

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 10:08:51 PM »
That's big trouble for the people that are federally forbidden to watch TV and listen to radio at the same time.

Sodboy13

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 11:55:32 PM »
Once the schedules get sorted out, I'd be interested to see just how much Harvey Feud someone could watch in one day in a given market on live TV. 6, 8 hours maybe? WPWR in Chicago is now doing a quadruple run from 5-7pm.

For a game show with a prize budget of probably $40-50K a week, the return on investment they're getting with all these distribution deals for reruns must be staggering.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 12:28:53 PM »
I could not believe it when I put on Nick at Nite the other night and there it was.  For a moment I thought I had put GSN on by mistake.

GSN might as well be the "Family Feud" network, since that's what they air seemingly 8 out of 16 hours per day.  Couple that with the current season that is on in syndication, why did they feel the need to add a game show like Feud, which is already on beyond ad nauseum, to Nick @ Nite?  Honestly...

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2014, 01:19:20 PM »
I have a weird, rare but recurring dream where I discover an obscure over-the-air station that's running daytime game shows.  It has nothing to do with digital subchannels, I've had the image in my mind for decades.  Last night, I had the dream again, and the station was airing Harvey Feud.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JonSea31

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 07:39:53 PM »
Richard Karn's Family Feud airs 2 times per week.

And if I read correctly, Karn's Feud now airs zero times per week.  The end of a 7 1/2 year run on GSN.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2014, 04:34:08 PM »
I admire the audacity of the sales force.  Selling the same product to THREE different cable channels, while the show is still being offered in first-run syndication, takes a special kind of smooth.
With his talk show and double run of Feud, it's possible for someone to see him on network television 15 times a week.

When you factor in GSN, and now TVLand and BET reruns of Feud, in addition to his old sitcom being rerun on Centric (think BET 2), his amount of appearances on TV start to reach astronomical totals.

Centric is also airing Family Feud.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2014, 06:47:17 PM »

Centric is also airing Family Feud.
As is YES TV in Canada.
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Johnissoevil

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2014, 11:31:31 PM »
Where will it end up next, Cartoon Network?  Adult Swim would actually be perfect, given the content of some of the answers these families give these days...
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15