Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Something big to happen on WOF soon...? Could there be...  (Read 9500 times)

brianhenke

Something big to happen on WOF soon...? Could there be...
« on: September 14, 2014, 12:31:54 AM »
       I was the first to say on this board back in the spring of 2013 that something big would happen on Wheel of Fortune that month. I presumed that it would be that the $1 Million would be won in the bonus round...and I was correct.

It looks like it might happen again on a show in the upcoming season. A photo posted on Twitter by a user called Cooljepstories has Pat with an opened BR envelope, with a question mark and a blur superimposed on the amount. The contestant (a man, judging from his suit) is also blurred out with a question mark.

This might happen this week: Pat tweeted that the opening week would be "eventful". Judging from the Wheel layout in the photo, could we see this on Wednesday?

Brian
The leaves start to change color in May?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Something big to happen on WOF soon...? Could there be...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 12:56:46 AM »
Given that the header trails off, I prefer to fill in the blank with other ideas than the obvious.
Travis L. Eberle

Prizes

• Both a miner and a hoe
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 01:37:22 AM »
Given that the header trails off, I prefer to fill in the blank with other ideas than the obvious.

I'm inclined to agree; my baseless speculations are that it's either a $100,000 win, an improbable (difficult) solve, or the rather out there guess of a one million dollar loss.

Unlike the second million dollar win, BAV has no evidence to believe this is the straight thought of OMGMILLIONBUX, and the staff there nearly always know if something of that nature is due to happen. The only thing we have, as fans, are what Henke has already said.

To contrast our opinions, Travis, Chad Mosher tweeted on 8/27, for whatever you make of it: "Speaking of Wheel of Fortune, the 32nd season may just see a third milestone achievement happen..." Strangely enough, the premiere week taped on May 1st this year, and to my knowledge, the most recent taping, prior to the date of that tweet, was on 8/8/14.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:31:24 AM by Prizes »
Owner of WOF fan site buyavowel.boards.net
Didn't like scuba diving school. Too many fights.
~Jessica Brand

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 05:03:32 AM »
As much as I'd like to see a $100K or $1M win, I'd be somewhat amused if the amount blurred out turned out to just be the new "hey we have to do something for season 32 and we're all out of ideas" minimum of $32,000.

Prizes

• Both a miner and a hoe
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 08:46:33 PM »
Promo video just got put up for this week. As usual, it's certainly making use of seemingly large spoilers, so in the tags it goes. ...or not, can't seem to get the video inside the tags, even if just the address; the whole video comes up and bypasses the spoiler code. Any idea how to override this override?
~Jessica Brand

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 10:02:20 PM »
I'm inclined to agree; my baseless speculations are that it's either a $100,000 win, an improbable (difficult) solve, or the rather out there guess of a one million dollar loss.
I was playing off the meme that whenever an online headline asks a question but doesn't answer it, that you answer it in the negative.

The fact that Brian was first to mention a thing and that he was correct doesn't erase all the negative stuff he's done around these parts and it sounds like the aim of his post was to spoil something, whatever it was. If I'm wrong, Brian certainly knows how to post here and he can correct me.
Travis L. Eberle

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 10:30:46 PM »
Personally... I think it's going to be a donkey show.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

Prizes

• Both a miner and a hoe
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 12:44:20 AM »
I was playing off the meme that whenever an online headline asks a question but doesn't answer it, that you answer it in the negative.

Fair enough, my mistake; sound reasoning on your end. At least we can be reassured, in some small part, that it doesn't have anything to do with the city of Cincinnati; the other Henke norm?
~Jessica Brand

brianhenke

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 01:51:51 AM »
  The Wheel website has a contestant blog named Sarah M. from Silver Spring, Maryland, who is wearing similar clothes to what the person in the Twitter photo is wearing.

http://www.wheeloffortune.com/contestants?c=sarahm170014

The blog mentions that she appears Wednesday.

Normally, the contestant whose blog is run on the Wheel website is the week's top winner.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 03:37:50 AM »
So you thought she was a he? Brian....
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 10:13:18 AM »
Spoiler alert: She won the show.  Literally. The entire show.  All of it. The wheel, the puzzleboard, the cameras. Every last bit. 

brianhenke

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 10:19:31 AM »
So you thought she was a he? Brian....

Given the fact the clothes she's wearing looks like a man (from the vantage point of the photo), I thought that she was a he. (a Lou Reed reference there).

Brian

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 12:17:54 PM »
Spoiler alert: She won the show.  Literally. The entire show.  All of it. The wheel, the puzzleboard, the cameras. Every last bit.
Shipping and handling not included...
--Mark
Phil 4:13

chrisholland03

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 01:15:50 PM »
When I win the show, I want to be handled.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 04:16:12 PM »
Who shall we ship you with?