Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's My Line? pilot happening?  (Read 3042 times)

Matt Ottinger

What's My Line? pilot happening?
« on: September 24, 2014, 09:20:41 AM »
Since virtually everyone here probably has Randy West as a Facebook friend, most of you have already seen this.  Yesterday, Randy teased -- with a photo -- what appears to be the construction of a set for What's My Line?.  He promises more details soon on Facebook, but certainly if he sees this, I hope he'll share some details with us as well.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BillCullen1

Re: What's My Line? pilot happening?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 12:16:47 PM »
I wonder if this is the same WML pilot that was discussed on these boards some time ago, where Whoopi Goldberg would be a regular and the mystery guest would be the first segment. The MG would then go to the panel and play the game for the rest of the show.

geno57

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 05:24:22 PM »
That's a cool twist.  I like it.

chad1m

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 05:33:22 PM »
Randy noted that this is a pilot being taped for potential consideration in next year's syndication field.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 05:57:06 PM »
The set has a nightclub/lounge look to it. Very slick and fitting for a light show like this. I like the idea of the Mystery Guest joining the panel as well.

If it does make it to syndication next year and Name Game picks up steam, they could go together nicely, as two light party games.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!