Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Time Capsule: Cross-Wits  (Read 11362 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Time Capsule: Cross-Wits
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 12:43:53 AM »
\\David Sparks vs. Ty Treadway?  Anyone?
In cases like this I root for a Localized Meteor Strike.
Travis L. Eberle

Winkfan

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 12:48:41 AM »
The Game Show Hosts episode in the trading circles was an interesting show.  As much as I liked the veteran group of Jim Peck, Tom Kennedy, Peter Tomarken and Bob Goen just piling it onto the rookie emcee (Sparks), it was pretty much the only episode I ever had to watch to say that this show was a klunk.

If GSN was gonna run this version of Crosswits, they should have run back-to-back installments from that particular week. At least those guys were (and in the case of one of them, are) seen on GSN at one time or another.

Cordially,
Tammy
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:22:00 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 12:59:32 AM »
\\David Sparks vs. Ty Treadway?  Anyone?
Ty by a nose. He was a robotic traffic cop who read the prompter a little too much*, but David was just uncomfortable the entire time.

*Especially when trying to explain an answer. Trebek sounds like he knows what he's talking about when he does it; Ty looked like he was reading it. Crosswits' format (even this version) was better though.

/And more consistent
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 03:39:38 AM »
I noticed that about Ty moreso than not...he rarely seemed like he was working off book.

I mean, after the first Crossword Extra of the day, do we need the description of the rules verbatim each of the four subsequent times?

Maybe that's a little nitpicky but you could tell just how unpolished he was.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

snowpeck

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 01:08:57 PM »
Well it certainly got better promotion this time. They even had Rosie O'Donnell talking about the show and showing a clip on The View.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Allstar87

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2014, 11:13:38 PM »
1) Who were the contestants? Particularly curious about the Rosie O'Donnell episode, since there's one or two episodes of that week out there.

Rosie's episode was "Maura vs. Guy", and Arsenio's was "Amy vs. Bob".

2) Were all four celebs involved in the "pick a key" part of the bonus round? I know at least once, the car game had a fourth box containing $1,000.

In both episodes, only three celebrities were involved.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 01:18:50 AM »
Thanks, Ryan. :)
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...