Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Huffington Post article celebrating Wheel's history  (Read 1993 times)

BrandonFG

Huffington Post article celebrating Wheel's history
« on: November 18, 2014, 06:09:02 PM »
The Huffington Post has a fun article offering a little background on the show, and some quotes from Vanna and Pat.

Nothing too earth shattering, and a few tidbits pretty well-known to the Forum, but there are some things I actually didn't know, such as where the two thought they'd be in 10 years* and what the wheel's spokes are made of.

*The answer is in the article, and I'm guessing it was because the show's future was up in the air, with the syndicated version still being several months away and the daytime version almost getting canceled in the early-80s.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

JMFabiano

Re: Huffington Post article celebrating Wheel's history
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 01:57:16 PM »
I'm bowled over that they, gasp, mentioned Woolery twice!  Someone call the Sony Thought Police! 

Seriously, there's also a nice general shot of the '80s era set near the top of the article.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

BrandonFG

Re: Huffington Post article celebrating Wheel's history
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 02:32:30 PM »
Seriously, there's also a nice general shot of the '80s era set near the top of the article.
I forgot to mention that, but yes, a very impressive photo. As many times as I've seen TV stages in person, it always blows my mind how tiny and ordinary everything looks.

There's another shot that Adam Nedeff has from the Woolery era, I believe for a "Brides Week" or something, c. 1977. Everything looked so plain, but it was still a great shot.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!