Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Mole airdates from 2002  (Read 1839 times)

MyronMMeyer

The Mole airdates from 2002
« on: November 17, 2014, 11:27:15 PM »
I am trying to figure out what day I got the call to be on Jeopardy. Here is what I remember.

It was a Thursday evening, because they said they wouldn't be in on Friday and I had to wait until Monday to return the call. The call came in May right around/during the Million Dollar Masters tournament.

The call came while I was laying in bed half asleep. I remember the phone ringing and the machine picking up, but I didn't get the actual message until the wife came home later.

The TV was on in the living room while I was laying in bed, and I'm pretty sure The Mole was on.

I think this was the season where they ran like a third or half of the episodes, and then put it on hiatus. Then they brought it back midseason, and re-started it from the beginning. I don't know if the episode I'm thinking of was a new one or a repeat.

The only thing I remember on The Mole from my half asleep daze was some kind of singing, like Eddie Cantor crooning. It might have been connected to a darkened/haunted-seeming room.

Am I remembering this right? And what might have been that date? If it didn't air on Thursday, then I'm completely making this up (a real possibility). If anyone could figure it out, it would be you all.

Thanks for any help/leads.

-Myron

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: The Mole airdates from 2002
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 11:50:01 PM »
Three episodes were shown on Fridays in September/October 2001, then pulled and shown in entirety over the summer on Tuesdays.

Fairly late in the show's run there was an event where one of the contestants was assigned to sleep in a room where Don Ho's "Tiny Bubbles" was played in all manner of annoying ways. Wikipedia says the episode aired Tuesday, July 23, 2002.
Travis L. Eberle

MyronMMeyer

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 01:12:52 AM »
Three episodes were shown on Fridays in September/October 2001, then pulled and shown in entirety over the summer on Tuesdays.

Fairly late in the show's run there was an event where one of the contestants was assigned to sleep in a room where Don Ho's "Tiny Bubbles" was played in all manner of annoying ways. Wikipedia says the episode aired Tuesday, July 23, 2002.

That is exactly the episode I was thinking of. My memories of that summer are apparently all mixed up.

Thanks for your help.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 01:20:07 AM »
Well, in all fairness, it has been 12 years. ;-)

Nice detective work. Summer/fall 2002 was a pretty fun time for the genre.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

vtown7

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 07:00:54 AM »
Really enjoyed The Mole (original recipe).  The Mole of series 2 published a book about their experiences and is worth the read for the behind the scenes insights.
R.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 07:25:14 AM »
Spiffy.  Just bought it on a $5 flyer.  Will give me something to read while I'm traveling this evening.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."