Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lots of panel shows the week of 12/15  (Read 9673 times)

snowpeck

Lots of panel shows the week of 12/15
« on: December 03, 2014, 09:06:51 PM »
According to the latest GSN schedule PDF, the week of 12/15 brings us the first of what looks to be more than one installment of "Game Show Flashback" hosted by Ben Gleib.

Episode #1001 of that airs Tuesday the 16th at 9PM and 12:30AM. It also airs Sunday morning at 11AM.

Also that night, two episodes of the 1972 version of I've Got a Secret air at 2AM. The 2AM hour for the next three nights are one episode each of the original WML? and IGAS72.

Then on Sunday the 20th, it looks like another Time Capsule at 11PM. First is a Bruner WML? with Betty White, then what looks to be a daytime Collyer TTTT, also with Betty White.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/cb946d5c-0db3-4f8b-be7f-de34c25f34b1

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Re: Lots of panel shows the week of 12/15
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 04:32:07 AM »
Was the syndicated I've Got A Secret weekly or daily? Based on the listings, I want to say it was weekly or twice-weekly.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Bryce L.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 04:43:08 AM »
Was the syndicated I've Got A Secret weekly or daily? Based on the listings, I want to say it was weekly or twice-weekly.
Per Wikipedia (take that for what it's worth), it was a weekly series.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 08:53:28 AM »
Oh boy. Very happy to see panel week return once again.

I enjoy Garry Moore IGAS the best out of any other version. So I'm slightly disappointed to see that they won't be running that this go-round. Still, seeing Rod Serling and Steve Allen play Pong is one of the enjoyable and memorable moments from the '72 version.

I'm not verbose in TTTT production numbers. Does 1564 mean the 4th show from the 156th week or the actual 1,564th show? Or something else entirely? Interesting that Betty White is the only one listed. Perhaps the panel was set at that point and Betty was the guest panelist. It doesn't matter, just wondering.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

snowpeck

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 10:07:31 AM »
I'm not verbose in TTTT production numbers. Does 1564 mean the 4th show from the 156th week or the actual 1,564th show? Or something else entirely? Interesting that Betty White is the only one listed. Perhaps the panel was set at that point and Betty was the guest panelist. It doesn't matter, just wondering.
The episode posted on YouTube by Hedy Lamarr's family is #1545. I think it was just sequential numbering. The 154th week would have been much earlier in the run. That also should mean the episode GSN is running is from the later color era of that version with the new set and theme.
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 10:26:43 AM »
Greg, I remember GSN running more than two color episodes of TTTT with Collyer in 1997, just weeks before the G-T library rights were lost. They had the old set, with the powder-blue background. Am I correct in my memory?

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 11:00:36 AM »
The episode posted on YouTube by Hedy Lamarr's family is #1545. I think it was just sequential numbering. The 154th week would have been much earlier in the run. That also should mean the episode GSN is running is from the later color era of that version with the new set and theme.
The only color episode I've seen with Betty White on the new set was her appearance as an impostor for Ms. Drumstick (posted on YouTube). That might explain why she was the only one listed. Also, I've never even seen the whole color episode, only the segment featuring Betty. I don't know if it's floating around elsewhere, but this could be a rare showing if it's not.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

snowpeck

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 11:29:11 AM »
Greg, I remember GSN running more than two color episodes of TTTT with Collyer in 1997, just weeks before the G-T library rights were lost. They had the old set, with the powder-blue background. Am I correct in my memory?
Yes they ran a few color shows from before the set change.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 02:05:56 PM »
Woah. As reported by Buzzerblog, Christmas Eve will feature an airing of What's My Line? at 25.

It used to be on YT, but I think it's been taken down. So it'll be great to see it again.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 02:24:44 PM »
Woah. As reported by Buzzerblog, Christmas Eve will feature an airing of What's My Line? at 25.

It used to be on YT, but I think it's been taken down. So it'll be great to see it again.
I posted it, but removed it and most copyrighted material from my YT page at least 3 years ago.  Now, you can enjoy 2-year-old videos of my cat making football predictions.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 04:48:00 AM »

I posted it, but removed it and most copyrighted material from my YT page at least 3 years ago.  Now, you can enjoy 2-year-old videos of my cat making football predictions.
I think the NFL owns copyright on those cat videos. :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BillCullen1

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 09:33:52 PM »
Nice eps of Steve Allen color IGAS last night, with Rod Serling and Allen Ludden as the guests, respectively. Of the panelists seen, Pat Carroll, Anita Gillette and Nanette Fabray are still with us, and Nanette is 94.

BillCullen1

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 12:39:47 PM »
Other guests on IGAS were Anne Meara, Joan Rivers and Alan Alda. The Alda show had Jayne Meadows, Bill Bixby and Jack Cassidy as panelists. On WML, the MGs included Lucy, Hugh Hefner and Art Carney, who Bennett called Al Carney. Art said "point of order."

Looking forward to the color eps of WML and TTTT.

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 03:28:38 PM »
The Alda [IGAS] had Jayne Meadows, Bill Bixby and Jack Cassidy as panelists.
The fourth panelist was Bixby's then-wife, the ill-fated Brenda Benet (although Steverino called her "Brenda Bixby".)
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

BillCullen1

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 10:42:51 AM »
Question - I've noticed on the '72 IGAS, Steve does not mention any prize money to the contestants. I wonder if they got any or they just got the prizes Johnny O announced. I know on the four eps of IGAS that Cullen hosted in '76, the contestants got no money.