Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Clearance Scenario  (Read 4869 times)

cmjb13

GSN Clearance Scenario
« on: January 05, 2004, 07:58:52 PM »
Suppose GSN has an episode of Match Game with Barker as a panelist, and he shows a clip from TPIR promoting it.

Would GSN have to get clearance for a clip of a show that they don't have that airs within a game show?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 08:08:53 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
GSN Clearance Scenario
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 08:16:15 PM »
Well this reminds me of when the Dark Period first started back in 1997, GSN was still running those "Hello, I'm (so and so)" clips plugging they were on shows they didn't have anymore, and also they were airing the "buzzer strategy" clip with the Family Feud incident (Dawson) where the lady knocked the microphone off the stand...

BTW, has GSN shown that ep of FF yet, BTW?

zachhoran

GSN Clearance Scenario
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 08:19:15 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Jan 5 2004, 08:16 PM\'] Well this reminds me of when the Dark Period first started back in 1997, GSN was still running those "Hello, I'm (so and so)" clips plugging they were on shows they didn't have anymore, and also they were airing the "buzzer strategy" clip with the Family Feud incident (Dawson) where the lady knocked the microphone off the stand...

BTW, has GSN shown that ep of FF yet, BTW? [/quote]
I think that was within the first year of the ABC run, so yeah, GSN's aired that a few times. The only Dawson Feuds they have yet to air are from the ABC run c. March 1982-early January 1983.

During the July 2001 Feud 25th anniversary marathon, they also showed two clips from Feud 1994-95, which supposedly they have lost the rights to air when they lost the rights to TPIR.

Back in the days of Gameworld/Game TV c. 1997, they showed clips from then-running shows that they didn't have the rights to air, like SUpermarket Sweep(then still in reruns on Lifetime) and the FAM games(some of which they now have the rights to air)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 08:23:44 PM by zachhoran »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
GSN Clearance Scenario
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 03:32:41 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 5 2004, 08:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Jan 5 2004, 08:16 PM\'] Well this reminds me of when the Dark Period first started back in 1997, GSN was still running those "Hello, I'm (so and so)" clips plugging they were on shows they didn't have anymore, and also they were airing the "buzzer strategy" clip with the Family Feud incident (Dawson) where the lady knocked the microphone off the stand...

BTW, has GSN shown that ep of FF yet, BTW? [/quote]
I think that was within the first year of the ABC run, so yeah, GSN's aired that a few times. The only Dawson Feuds they have yet to air are from the ABC run c. March 1982-early January 1983.

During the July 2001 Feud 25th anniversary marathon, they also showed two clips from Feud 1994-95, which supposedly they have lost the rights to air when they lost the rights to TPIR.

Back in the days of Gameworld/Game TV c. 1997, they showed clips from then-running shows that they didn't have the rights to air, like SUpermarket Sweep(then still in reruns on Lifetime) and the FAM games(some of which they now have the rights to air) [/quote]
 Right, but wasn't "Gameworld" a joint production in association with the respective networks?
--Mark
Phil 4:13