Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gong-iversary Question  (Read 2108 times)

gamed121683

Gong-iversary Question
« on: January 24, 2015, 11:02:38 PM »
Back in...I want to say 2001, GSN aired a Gong Show marathon in honor of the show's silver anniversary. Now my memory is a bit rusty, but I think there was a list of the episodes that were airing during said marathon. It gave a brief description of the episodes along with either the episode number or that show's VTR date...can't remember which.

Does anyone here recall that episode list?

Kniwt

Re: Gong-iversary Question
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 12:31:23 AM »
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Game+Show+Network+Celebrates+25+Years+of+'The+Gong+Show'.-a075301604

8:00 p.m. Episode 342 features Pearl Bailey, Jaye P. Morgan and Pat Paulsen as judges.

8:30 p.m. Pat McCormick, Jaye P. Morgan and Louis Nye bang the gong in episode 369.

9:00 p.m. Paul Reubens, a.k.a. "Pee Wee Herman," performs in episode 207; Steve Garvey, Jaye P. Morgan and Arte Johnson judge.

9:30 p.m. Find out what Jamie Farr, Dionne Warwick and Anson Williams thought of actress Mare Winningham's talents in episode 400.

10:00 p.m. Celebrity judges on episode 193 include Arte Johnson, Steve Martin and Jaye P. Morgan.

10:30 p.m. Episode 164 features Jamie Farr, Arte Johnson and Jaye P. Morgan.

11:00 p.m. An hour-long "All-Star Gong Show Special" was originally broadcast as a prime-time special on NBC on April 26, 1977. Guests include Siv Aberg, Jamie Farr, Harry James, Arte Johnson, Jaye P. Morgan, Tony Randall and Gene, Gene the Dancing Machine.

ETA: And while I'm at it, here are the "new" segments from the marathon.

Vahan_Nisanian

Re: Gong-iversary Question
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 12:50:31 AM »
There is no mention of VTR dates, but from the taping tickets I've seen, it looked to be 10 shows every other weekend (5 Saturday, 5 Sunday).

The Syndicated edition (originally w/Gary Owens) taped on Friday. At least from one ticket I've seen.