Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you have nothing to do tomorrow night…  (Read 7331 times)

chad1m

If you have nothing to do tomorrow night…
« on: February 02, 2015, 01:33:51 PM »
…might I suggest you stay in and watch Wheel of Fortune? I will be the yellow-position contestant tomorrow night (Tuesday, February 3) as part of Fun & Fit Week. (They must have been looking for a minimum 50% qualification rate.)  If you don’t care for me, you can hate-watch and yell at the TV. That’s fine too. :)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:59:04 PM by chad1m »

Yogi007

Re: If you have nothing to do tomorrow night…
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 07:31:44 PM »
I'm not gonna spoil it here, but from what I saw, you played well.  Just be careful when you go to the Wheel FB page since they can be brutal on anything that anybody does on the show. Just look at yesterday's posts about the bonus round.  Who knew that a bunch of people couldn't figure out what a vinyl booth was.
sarcasm included at no extra charge

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 10:11:18 PM »
I'm not gonna spoil it here, but from what I saw, you played well. 

^^What Yogi said.  But now that the show has aired, I'm curious to know if you were honest answering Pat's loaded question about your favorite game show?  ;)

/Not bad...got some free food to eat on the set too I see!!!

BrentW

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 08:59:43 AM »
So....I haven't stopped by this forum for like 8 months, and I was watching Wheel last night.  I always fast forward through the interviews, and I wasn't really paying attention to the contestants (unless it's the smoking hot guy from yesterday with the pec dance...LOL).  But after you won the first round, I was like "I KNOW THAT GUY!!!!!".  :-D  And I was rooting for you the rest of the way...

Only time in history that I was NOT rooting for Pat to hit $5,000 in the speed-up spin.  Luckily there was no chance he could hit it. 

All I can say is GREAT JOB.  You played well when it was your turn, got a little lucky that the red girl couldn't solve the prize puzzle, but hey -- them's the breaks.  The bonus puzzle -- @^&#%$@*!%!*$!$##*!$*#.  My nightmare.  THING is the worst category.  So flipping vague.  I don't know -- MAYBE an "O" would have given it to you?  But then you wouldn't have had the "A" for "BACKYARD".  I couldn't solve it, and I was sitting at home.  Has to be the lowest percentage of starting letter vs. possible letters given to anyone in a LONG time.  So many blanks to fill in.  It was borderline unsolvable. 

Great job, Chad!!!

Offshored2007

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 09:26:00 AM »
Great job Chad. I hate bonus round puzzles with THING as the subject. And to top it off, it had a freaking Z in it.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 12:19:14 PM »
Just curious, Chad: Did you pick the thumbnail picture for the YouTube upload, or did that happen naturally?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chad1m

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 01:07:40 PM »
Just curious, Chad: Did you pick the thumbnail picture for the YouTube upload, or did that happen naturally?
I did it myself. My three options were two Wheel logos or Pat with a card.

For those who've sent them, thanks for the kindness. Clearly I had the time of my life. I've written a reflections blog if you care to read it (including my thoughts on my potential letter choices) here.

BrentW

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 02:59:49 PM »
I did it myself. My three options were two Wheel logos or Pat with a card.

For those who've sent them, thanks for the kindness. Clearly I had the time of my life. I've written a reflections blog if you care to read it (including my thoughts on my potential letter choices) here.

Read your blog, Chad.  I was nervous as all hell when you were spinning during the Prize Puzzle Round.  That's just one round where, since it so often determines the winner, I think you just have to solve it, cause the bonus round equity (60% solves, with a median of $40K to win?...just a estimate on my part) is worth so much more than a few extra C's and multiple M's at $700 or $900 a piece.  But that's me. 

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with your assessment of wanting to win more than what you did, however.  It's a once in a lifetime shot ("returning champions"-era, we long for ye....), and so many people win $50-$70K if they solve the bonus puzzle.  You'd have been right there with them, with a boatload of cash, if you won the BR.

If you switch the A to an O in your bonus puzzle calls, you get:

_ _ C _ _ _ R D
_ _ _ E _ O

And possibly you've got a shot.  I know the first word is a compound word and maybe gives you trouble, but to me, it almost LOOKS like a compound word.  I'm so used to seeing those "4 and 4" compound words. 

Having said that, I think you still need the B.  The H call is the one I'm like "errrrr???"  :-D  I know H is more common than B, but I always felt like it was because of "TH's" in words.  Without a T in the puzzle, I think an H is out as a choice. 

I still think you've got a better shot knowing ________ GAZEBO than figuring out BACKYARD ________, especially when you've got the "-RD" sound on the end of the first word....

Having said all this, I know you've probably gone over it a 1,000 times, and since we're missing a suspicious looking De Lorean, we can't go back in time and fix it.  Still I was bummed to see you not get the bonus puzzle, if only because I KNOW you're smarter (read: a better WOF player) than 95% of the people on that show. 

Thanks for the blog, and you were a great contestant.

BillCullen1

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 04:25:38 PM »
Hey, you gave it a shot, Chad. I wouldn't have gotten the bottom word either. But you won some money and a trip, and you got to see Pat throw shredded wheat chips into Vanna's mouth. I believe this is your third game show.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 04:42:05 PM »
From one former "Wheel" contestant to another, ya did real good kid.

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 10:04:00 PM »
Congrats, Chad! You played a great game. I hope as do as well (plus maybe an easier BR puzzle). (:))

--Charlie
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 10:22:33 PM »
Congrats, Chad! You played a great game. I hope as do as well (plus maybe an easier BR puzzle). (:))
How could it not be? ;)
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 02:08:17 AM »
I did it myself.

Cool, just wondering. Thanks.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe