Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Acquaintances on game shows  (Read 8680 times)

brianhenke

Re: Acquaintances on game shows
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 11:00:28 PM »
One of my high school classmates was on Debt.

Brian
The leaves start to change color in May?

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 11:05:49 PM »
Co-worker mentions to me a few weeks ago, "I was on The Gong Show once." I ask him to tell me more and he says, "Well, not much to tell. They were doing a bit where they wanted a bunch of people to interrupt a contestant's act and Chuck came up to me backstage and said 'Howard, I'm pulling you off curtain duty today. Wanna be on camera?'"

We've been co-workers for five years and he just now mentioned that he worked on "The Gong Show." Went straight home from work, pulled out the episode, and by golly, there he was.

Unrealtor

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 11:34:25 PM »
I know a guy who managed to win Ben Stein's Money but lost to Ken Jennings on Jeopardy.

The occasional substitute quizmaster for the pub quiz I attend won a substantial amount of money from syndie WWTBAM a few years ago. I think it was $250,000, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

A couple other acquaintances have made one-day appearances on Jeopardy.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

Marc412

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 12:55:51 AM »
One of my closest friends, the manager of a local jewelry store, was on Wheel of Fortune for 2 days in the late '80s.

Also, my 11th grade history teacher was a champion on Family Feud in the '90s.  Coincidentally, her name is Ms. Dawson.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 01:13:10 AM »
Best I can do is a friend of a friend. This guy is good friends with one of my coworkers, who is also a mean quizzer and may make it on Jeopardy yet.

bosox1256

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2015, 09:30:07 AM »
Right after I filmed Wheel in July, I went to my favorite bar and was chatting with the bartender.  Come to find out he was on Season 5 of MTV Remote Control.  Won his game, but didn't win the bonus round.  It was the year when Colin manually spun the wheel to get music videos.

My cousin's husband's family was on Feud last February. Steve got a kick out of where they were from (Woonsocket, RI)

Bobby B.

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2015, 11:18:36 PM »
A friend of mine from church was on Wheel a few years ago (before I met her).  I think she won the 10 grand from the Mystery Wedge on her show.  Her parents taught my Sunday school class for a while.  One day we were talking about television shows we watched and her mom mentioned that she watches Wheel because her daughter had been on it.  She reminisced about it on Facebook not long ago and I got to chat with her about it the next time I saw her.