Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pat, Vanna and Alex Renew for Three More Seasons  (Read 14447 times)

chad1m

Pat, Vanna and Alex Renew for Three More Seasons
« on: March 11, 2015, 01:33:53 PM »
CULVER CITY, Calif. (March 11, 2015) – Pat Sajak and Vanna White, hosts of America's Game, "Wheel of Fortune," and Alex Trebek, host of "JEOPARDY!," America's Favorite Quiz Show, have renewed their contracts with Sony Pictures Television to continue hosting their respective shows through the 2017/18 season, it was announced today by Harry Friedman, executive producer of both shows.

“The enduring success of ‘Wheel of Fortune’ and ‘JEOPARDY!’ serves as a testament to the talents of these remarkable hosts,” said Friedman. “The renewal of their contracts continues the special bond that Pat, Vanna and Alex have formed with generations of TV viewers."

BrandonFG

Re: Pat, Vanna and Alex Renew for Three More Seasons
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 01:42:24 PM »
"America's Game" (rolls eyes)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 03:23:21 PM »
Was this taken from AP?
Travis L. Eberle

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 03:24:30 PM »

That's "America's Game®" to you.

(Image is a screen shot from the United States Patent and Trademark Office's Trademark Electronic Search System.)

chad1m

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 03:37:22 PM »
Was this taken from AP?
It's a press release straight from the show(s).

weaklink75

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 04:26:05 PM »
I'm not too surprised at Pat and Vanna- but Alex was thought to be all but done (maybe they don't want to change horses while FF is breathing down the necks of both shows)...I'm just hoping we don't end up in a Jack Barry situation where they have to make a sudden decision...

jimlangefan

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 04:30:05 PM »
I'm not too surprised at Pat and Vanna- but Alex was thought to be all but done (maybe they don't want to change horses while FF is breathing down the necks of both shows)...I'm just hoping we don't end up in a Jack Barry situation where they have to make a sudden decision...

Speaking of FF, BuzzerBlog is reporting that Family Feud is telling them that Steve Harvey has been signed on for another 5 years.  This should tie him with Dawson as Feud's longest consecutive host.
TV's Big Dealer

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 04:44:16 PM »

That's "America's Game®" to you.

(Image is a screen shot from the United States Patent and Trademark Office's Trademark Electronic Search System.)
Oh wow. Didn't know they'd taken it that far. It says "No Claim is Made to the Exclusive Right to Use "Game" Apart From the Mark Shown". It more or less answers my question as to how the NFL Network can produce a documentary of the same name.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

TimK2003

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 09:42:20 PM »

Ditto for Dallas being "America's Team". 

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 10:41:21 PM »

Ditto for Dallas being "America's Team".
You gotta take that one up with NFL Films.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 06:20:20 PM »
Not that they've stopped making plans.
http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/dan-patrick-or-josh-elliott-on-shortlist-of-jeopardy-successors.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=dan-patrick-or-josh-elliott-on-shortlist-of-jeopardy-successors

This reminds me of the early-eighties list of potential successors for Johnny Carson that included Richard Dawson.  The times and the climate can change a lot in a short time, and three years is an eternity for something like this.

Plus, if I was a cynical person (which of course I'm not), I'd be tempted to believe that this particular article was "suggested" by Josh Elliott's people, in much the way that Dave Price so actively pushed himself into the conversations about Barker's replacement.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TimK2003

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 10:37:31 PM »
And yet Larry King still supports Brian Williams for being the successor: 

Whatever you say, Lar.

SamJ93

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 04:07:28 AM »
It's OK...even if Brian Williams doesn't end up hosting, he'll still retroactively claim he did so...while simultaneously rescuing a busload of children from a burning building...with a helicopter he piloted himself...
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

CJBojangles

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 03:15:09 PM »
Speaking of FF, BuzzerBlog is reporting that Family Feud is telling them that Steve Harvey has been signed on for another 5 years.  This should tie him with Dawson as Feud's longest consecutive host.

So I'll expect to see the Bullseye round show back up in 2019 then. Cool beans.