Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2015 Daytime Emmy Noms...ICYMI  (Read 8810 times)

Robair

2015 Daytime Emmy Noms...ICYMI
« on: March 31, 2015, 02:54:52 PM »
SHOW: Family Feud, Jeopardy!, Price Is Right
HOST: Ferguson, Harvey, Newton, Sajak
DIRECTOR: The Chase (Hal Grant), Jeopardy! (Kevin McCarthy), Let's Make a Deal (Lenn Goodside)

Categories with non-game noms:
LIGHTING: Wheel of Fortune
TECHNICAL TEAM: Jeopardy!
SOUND MIXING: Let's Make a Deal, Price Is Right

--Robair

Winkfan

Re: 2015 Daytime Emmy Noms...ICYMI
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 03:00:17 PM »
SHOW: Family Feud, Jeopardy!, Price Is Right
HOST: Ferguson, Harvey, Newton, Sajak
DIRECTOR: The Chase (Hal Grant), Jeopardy! (Kevin McCarthy), Let's Make a Deal (Lenn Goodside)

I think Newton is the "sentimental fave" this year.

Cordially,
Tammy
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »
"Jeopardy!" will win for reminding voters that they held the Decades tournament last year. Steve Harvey will win for reacting to an off-color answer.

In a just world, for sound mixing, the voters should hear what it's like live in the studio -- then they'd immediately give it to one of the game shows. Though I don't follow the awards that closely -- wouldn't it be a bad thing that for "Outstanding Live and Direct to Tape Sound Mixing," TPIR has included in its nominations, and thus called attention to, its Post-Production Mixers?

(Source: Variety)

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 03:33:53 PM »
Interesting that only three shows are nominated, along with just three directors. Also interesting that Trebek isn't on the list.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 03:51:17 PM »
Interesting that only three shows are nominated, along with just three directors.

Remarkable that even with game-lover David Michaels in charge, the Daytime Emmys still weirdly treat game shows like bastard stepchildren.  Consider that there are four nominations for top soap and there are only four soaps in television!  Best as I can tell, the only other major genre with only three nominations is "Morning Program"
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JayDLewis

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 07:24:53 PM »
Steve Harvey will win for reacting to an off-color answer.

And The Penis goes to... Steve Harvey, Family Feud.
*cut to Harvey, bug eyed, walking to the stage*
SH: *talking right into the mic* We goin' to hell. Ya'll heard when she said & we goin' to hell.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

brianhenke

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 01:35:08 AM »
   A Boston-set online soap called Beacon Hill http://www.beaconhilltheseries.com got some nomination love.  It should be noted that Beacon Hill has many actors and actresses who became popular during their stints on network soaps.

Online shows are now being recognized by the Daytime Emmys (The ill-fated online reboot of One Life to Live was nominated for Outstanding Drama Series last year; Netflix children's shows were also nominated, just like the likes of House of Cards and Orange in the New Black have been nominated in the Primetime Emmys for the last couple of years).

Brian

The leaves start to change color in May?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 04:28:11 AM »
Am I the only one who is bugged by Internet shows being nominated for awards intended for television shows?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 09:20:30 AM »
Am I the only one who is bugged by Internet shows being nominated for awards intended for television shows?

Probably not, but I think you're in the minority.  I might turn a strange eye if they nominated something short-form and intermittent, like "Between Two Ferns".  But I don't see a problem with accepting House of Cards as on par with a 13-episode cable series.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 02:14:59 PM »
But I don't see a problem with accepting House of Cards as on par with a 13-episode cable series.

This. When literally the only difference is the means of transmission, it would be idiotic to do anything but.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chad1m

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »
The inaugural winner for Outstanding Directing in a Game Show is Lenn Goodside for Let's Make a Deal. The Price Is Right won for Outstanding Live and Direct to Tape Sound Mixing.

Long live Jeopardy

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 09:05:39 PM »
Personally, I thought the best part of this year's Daytime Emmy Awards was seeing Betty White win a (well-deserved) Lifetime Achievement award.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 09:20:34 PM »
I can always do with less awkwardly scripted banter between presenters who think they're far more entertaining than they actually are, but (especially compared to last year's train wreck) the show seems exceptionally well produced this time.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Winkfan

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 01:08:17 AM »
I guess "sentiment" didn't prevail this year. (Sorry, Todd)

While I am happy for Betty, I was so sure this would be Wink's year. Then again, I was sure about it last year.

And the "In Memoriam" segment did have Geoff Edwards, but they barred Jim Lange.

Like I said before, we can't have everything.....

Cordially,
Tammy
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 08:11:12 AM »
I tell ya what, I'm sold on a new Password with Tom Bergeron as host and George Gray as announcer. George getting some announcing time during this show was a pleasant surprise.

It was nice to see the representation of game shows present during the "In Memoriam".

It was so nice to see the ceremony back on television. It was also very nice to see it done so much better than last year. This felt a bit like old times. I hope the ratings for this do well. Tyra was okay. There were times it seemed she was trying a bit too hard, but she had a few moments. I liked the running Matt Lauer gag.

And the "In Memoriam" segment did have Geoff Edwards, but they barred Jim Lange.

Like I said before, we can't have everything.....
People made this mistake about Harold Ramis being omitted from the Oscars "In Memoriam". It's quite possible that since Jim died early last year, he was included in last year's "In Memoriam", if there was one. I assume there was.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.