The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

ABC game shows?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Jimmy Owen:
It's the game of love....with Chuck hosting and Rod Roddy, Gene Wood and Burt Luddin announcing. There are fee plugs and a studio audience, it's sort of a post-mortem Dating Game where the we find out the intimate details of a first date. Sometimes there's a happy ending...and sometimes just an ending, but it's all in good fun as we watch singles trying to make that Love Connection!  The game portion is this, the audience is given an opportunity to vote for one of three possible dates. If the majority of the audience selects the same person originally selected by the dater, the couple wins a second date paid for by the producers, which may be accepted or declined by the parties involved.

SRIV94:
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jun 26 2003, 09:25 PM\']i'm not sure about $xx,000 Pyramid, but i'm pretty sure WWTBAM taped in the main ABC building. or at least in the same building as Peter Jennings' and Connie Chung's news show(s).[/quote]
Adding NY facilities opens up a whole other can of worms.  As I was thumbing through the EOTVGS last night I was mainly looking for the shows taped out of ABC in L.A. (either at the Palace, Vine Street or the main space at Prospect and Talmedge).  But you're right--the ABC PYRAMIDs (along with shows like THE MONEY MAZE, THE BIG SHOWDOWN and Regis' THE NEIGHBORS, not to mention WWTBAM) did tape out of ABC facilities in NY.  There's a bunch more too (but the book isn't handy for me right now).

As far as network shows go, it may be easier to point out what ABC shows did NOT tape at one of their facilities (in NY or L.A.).  For syndies, aside from the aforementioned second season of Davidson HSq, POP & ROCKER, DGUSA, my supposition of TREASURE HUNT (70s) and a few seasons of LC, I'm hard-pressed to think of another.  For some reason, Jim Lange's TRIPLE THREAT springs to mind but I'm not sure about that one.

Doug

Jimmy Owen:
\"The Neighbors\" taped in California.  Regis was working for KABC at the time as a movie critic and morning show host.  Occasionally our ABC affiliate in Michigan would run his movie reviews during the evening news.

SRIV94:
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jun 27 2003, 11:01 AM\'] "The Neighbors" taped in California.  Regis was working for KABC at the time as a movie critic and morning show host.  Occasionally our ABC affiliate in Michigan would run his movie reviews during the evening news. [/quote]
 My bad.  Thanks!  :)

Doug

ChuckNet:

--- Quote ---Although the EOTVGS shows the 70s run of TREASURE HUNT taped at the Burbank Studios, unless director John Dorsey brought a whole bunch of ABC techs over there to serve as his crew I'd venture to say that that's a mistake and that TH taped at ABC
--- End quote ---

Yes and no...TH did indeed tape at ABC for its first 2 seasons or so, but moved over The Burbank Studios during its last season...it was during that time they also switched from flip cards to Chyron for the price graphics and closing credits.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version