The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

ABC game shows?

<< < (5/6) > >>

clemon79:
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jun 27 2003, 01:34 PM\'] I think you will find many people who do not consider "Love Connection" a game show, maybe it would be better considered a discussion show with door prizes. [/quote]
 I think the whole \"Love Connection\" debate can be solved by answering one question:

Would GSN even CONSIDER running it if Chuck Woolery were not the host? Say a non-GS personality were in there, like, oh, Jenny Jones.

Answer: Hell no, they wouldn't.

I rest my case.

ObZach: Jenny Jones is no more a game show personality than Kirstie Alley or Kathy Najimy, so don't bother.

Winkfan:

--- Quote from: PeterMarshallFan on June 27, 2003, 12:32:45 PM ---Did Jim Lange's NNG from '84 tape in any of the ABC studios?
--- End quote ---
NTT '84 taped at the KTLA (Channel 5) studios. And I ought to know!

WHOOPS! I thought those initials read Name That Tune '84!

Scrubbing the egg off of my face,
Tammy Warner--the 'Kathy Mitchell of GS websites!'

chris319:
The Aquarius Theater was also home to Fox's ill-fated late-night talk show with Chevy Chase. More to the point of game shows, I believe it also had Queen for A Day back when it was the Moulin Rouge nightclub.

In addition to Treasure Hunt, I seem to recall that the Burbank Studios (Warner Bros.) were also home to the ABC version of You Don't Say.

Now: did ABC prospect also have Dick Clark's The Object Is? And perhaps Jack Linkletter's The Rebus Game?

(Too lazy to get the EOTGS.)

bricon:

--- Quote ---In addition to Treasure Hunt, I seem to recall that the Burbank Studios (Warner Bros.) were also home to the ABC version of You Don't Say.
--- End quote ---

Yes it was.  As was the series of Give-n-Take.  The pilot for that was done
at CBS.  And, season 2 of Dealer's Choice was at Burbank Studios also.

--- Quote ---Now: did ABC prospect also have Dick Clark's The Object Is? And perhaps Jack Linkletter's The Rebus Game?
--- End quote ---

Yes again.

tvrandywest:
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jun 27 2003, 09:14 PM\']The Aquarius Theater was also home to Fox's ill-fated late-night talk show with Chevy Chase. More to the point of game shows, I believe it also had Queen for A Day back when it was the Moulin Rouge nightclub.[/quote]
Yes indeed. And you could almost make a case for \"Queen For A Day\" being the last hit TV show from that theatre! The list of losers is long.

Randy
tvrandywest.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version