Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Has Millionaire officially been cancelled?  (Read 9683 times)

bosox1256

Re: Has Millionaire officially been cancelled?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 09:22:12 AM »
Last taping was Oct 26th.  I went on the 25th, day session.  Figure any auditions now are for next season.

davemackey

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 01:34:57 PM »
I think you are only in the contestant pool for the current season of tapings. If you are not selected, you have to audition again for the next season. For my appearance on Millionaire, I took the test in June of 2006, got the word I was selected in October, taped it in November, and was on the air the following April. I was in the contestant pool once previously but did not get selected.

EDITED: New York auditions have just been announced for next season. Carry on.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:46:11 PM by davemackey »

SuperSweeper

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 02:31:09 PM »
I think you are only in the contestant pool for the current season of tapings. If you are not selected, you have to audition again for the next season. For my appearance on Millionaire, I took the test in June of 2006, got the word I was selected in October, taped it in November, and was on the air the following April. I was in the contestant pool once previously but did not get selected.

EDITED: New York auditions have just been announced for next season. Carry on.

No, I believe that you're in the pool for 18 months (?).  It's certainly longer than one season.

EDIT: Just read the damn rules.  This is definitely a Monday.   :)

This should mean that I am good to go through the end of taping in 2016 (if they get that far), but who knows if they even remember/recall people who auditioned a whopping two weeks before they stopped taping for the season.

It's interesting that they ended taping this current season so early compared to prior years. It's possible they were afraid that they weren't going to be renewed (or they just started early).  I wonder when this season will end...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:51:33 PM by SuperSweeper »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 05:45:45 PM »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TimK2003

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 07:37:50 PM »
Well, I guess this answers THAT question!  Chris Harrison to take over:

http://deadline.com/2015/04/chris-harrison-host-who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire-terry-crews-replacement-1201409253/

I was almost going to pose the question this morning if Terry would return for a second year.  Chris' name came out of nowhere, but an excellent choice. 

It will be interesting to see if Terry's other show. "World's Funniest Fails" will be back in the fall as well.  Fox did order 8 more episodes in February for this season, so they must be happy with the show's current ratings.

It's interesting that they ended taping this current season so early compared to prior years. It's possible they were afraid that they weren't going to be renewed (or they just started early).

It might have been logistical reasons as a result of their move to new studios in Connecticut this season and/or due to Terry's limited availability with his other 2 shows on his schedule.