Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: getting catnap1972/teeveegameshowstoo to return via DM  (Read 7153 times)

barker5000

getting catnap1972/teeveegameshowstoo to return via DM
« on: June 16, 2015, 09:53:26 PM »
I know I haven't posted anything in about 8 years, and this may sound very stupid and very weird, but about 2 or 3 years ago from circa 2012-2013, there was a YouTube user name catnap1972 (who also had another account named teeveegameshowstoo), and both accounts had awesome (and by that I mean REALLY AWESOME television game show episodes, even episodes of the old "Game Show Network" show "Faux Pause"), but sadly around late 2013 and early 2014, there were trolls that stole catnap1972's/teeveegameshowstoo's videos, and some of them today can't be posted on YouTube because of copyright stuff, so I was wondering if there was a way I could contact who this catnap1972/teeveegameshowstoo person really is, so I can ask him or her to return not to YouTube, but to DailyMotion, because there's a 90% chance videos on DailyMotion won't be stolen, and you can upload all the episodes of "Wheel Of Fortune", "Jeopardy!", "The $10,000 Pyramid", and other television game shows you want (unlike YouTube, which has a copyright thing unfortunately), and I was also going to ask him or her if catnap1972/teeveegameshowstoo could return via DailyMotion, and I could start a petition called "Get catnap1972/teeveegameshowstoo to return via DailyMotion", and if I could get about at least 100 signatures from all of you via this forum! :)

Thanks! :)
Sean

And by the way, maybe I'll do the same for other YouTube users who cancelled their accounts (and/or got suspended because of copyright stuff), like Raarrow (I know Raarrow just returned to YouTube about 3 weeks ago, but still) and Michael Tiller (who had the Game Show Temple on YouTube for 8 years) so maybe if it was okay with catnap1972/teeveegameshowstoo (again, whatever his or her name is), Raarrow (whatever his name is), and Michael Tiller, so that way DailyMotion can be the YouTube for our television game show episodes, without trolls, and without copyright stuff from Sony, FremantleMedia, and other companies that own "The Price Is Right", "Wheel Of Fortune", "Jeopardy!", "Family Feud", "Let's Make A Deal", "The $10,000 Pyramid", "Faux Pause", "The Newlywed Game", etc.)

Again, thanks! :)
Sean

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: getting catnap1972/teeveegameshowstoo to return via DM
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 10:01:47 PM »
....huh?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

barker5000

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 10:03:55 PM »
Look I know it sounds weird and very complicated (and I have autism by the way), but I really want catnap1972/teeveegameshowstoo on DailyMotion, because of the stupid trolls and copyright stuff on YouTube! :/ And I can't do it unless if I can start this petition, because it's been at least a year or two since catnap1972/teeveegameshowstoo came and went on YouTube, and then the stupid trolls and then the Sony copyright thing. Again, I know it sounds very weird and very difficult, but it's the only thing I could come up with. And like I just said, I have autism, so there's just certain things I can't get out of my head! :( I wish that the Internet Archive could let people watch deleted YouTube videos, but that's not going to happen, so this is the only way I (or we) can get catnap1972/teeveegameshowstoo back on DailyMotion instead of YouTube

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 10:06:15 PM »
If the account doesn't exist and you don't have the user's contact information then no, you can't contact that user.

Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 10:10:22 PM »
I dunno if the guy frequents the forum or not, but this sounds like a lot of unnecessary work just so you can see a bunch of game shows exclusively. What's wrong with the other numerous accounts that feature game show material?

Sure...it's a bummer when shows get zapped on Youtube, but copyright is copyright. There's plenty of other stuff you can watch.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

barker5000

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 10:10:48 PM »
I'm sorry! :( I know it was a very stupid post! :( I have autism, and some things I post don't make sense, so I just feel bad!  :'( I hate having autism! :(

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 10:17:08 PM »
You mention that there's a 90% chance that videos on Dailymotion can't be stolen:

1) How can you know this?

2) If User B steals (to use your word) a video posted by User A and posts it himself, so what? It's still not the property of User B or User A's to do that.

Hans Brinker held his finger in the dike and now it has burst. Enjoy it while you can because I think we've crossed the Rubicon here and sooner than later there will be 0.1% the game show content online that there is now.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 10:18:59 PM »
I'm sorry! :( I know it was a very stupid post! :( I have autism, and some things I post don't make sense, so I just feel bad!  :'( I hate having autism! :(
Hey, no reason to beat yourself up. It's just there prolly aren't too many avenues for you to ask, so it could make sense to come here. We were just pointing out that it may not be worth the effort to track someone down when so much content exists, that's all. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

PYLdude

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 10:27:26 PM »
I dunno if the guy frequents the forum or not

Oh, he does.

I give you credit, Brandon, you're being a lot more diplomatic about this than most of us.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 10:35:17 PM »
I dunno if the guy frequents the forum or not

Oh, he does.

I give you credit, Brandon, you're being a lot more diplomatic about this than most of us.
Thanks. I have my moments heh. :-P

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 10:40:27 PM »
1) How can you know this?

For what it's worth, the question is moot, as I can verify definitively that the chances of that are exactly 0%.

/anyone want a rant masking as a news story about how much it sucks that the Warriors are moving closer to their fan base?
//in 720p?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

barker5000

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 10:48:41 PM »
Hey, no reason to beat yourself up. It's just there prolly aren't too many avenues for you to ask, so it could make sense to come here. We were just pointing out that it may not be worth the effort to track someone down when so much content exists, that's all. :-)

Thanks Brandon! :) And by the way, I just realized that I registered here just 1 day before Bob Barker retired, hence my username, LOL! ;) But seriously, I really hate having autism!  :'( I was just 4 1/2 years old when I was diagnosed! :( And I've been living with my grandparents since I was 4 months old, but my grandparents are really awesome, so it's all good! :)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 11:03:23 PM »
For what it's worth, the question is moot, as I can verify definitively that the chances of that are exactly 0%.
My aim was to see who I was dealing with as that would inform further missives, because I'm getting tired of the same conversations about copyright infringement and video sharing going the same way because some among our membership either don't know/don't care/don't want to hear it.

I would love it if every television show that I enjoy had an official channel wherein I could watch an episode of my choosing on my own time with no ad breaks interspersed throughout. (to their credit, YT allows you to skip most ads after five seconds.) As much as I'd love that to be the case, it isn't the current reality. Instead of pining for a thing that will almost certainly never be the case, I adjust my own perspective to enjoy what's there and pay for what isn't (having gotten a promotional cable rate I will come home and The Chase will be waiting on my ever faithful Tivo.)

And since this is the thread for it, I am missing the part of my brain that connects the left and right hemispheres to each other, which means I enjoy things that pertain to words and numbers and mostly loathe art. And I sprained my ankle two weeks ago which has been piles of annoying.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:45:52 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 01:29:32 AM »
But seriously, I really hate having autism!  :'( I was just 4 1/2 years old when I was diagnosed! :(
I'm also under the autistic spectrum (I was specifically diagnosed with Asperger's at a very young age), and I let it keep me down for years (barring schoolwork, and even then school sometimes wasn't that great).

It's not whether you have autism or Asperger's or somesuch that matters -- it's what you do despite (or because of) it that matters most. My suggestion is to find something you love doing and do it. :)

For example (and this could be considered obgs), I enjoy making Video Archives, alongside documents and such about the episodes and clips that are (or were) online. Found a lot of interesting stuff by doing that. :)
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

PYLdude

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 03:47:22 AM »
I would like to go on record saying that I am not trying to dump on Mr. 5000 here. And I won't judge him for being afflicted with a spectrum disorder.

But sometimes, you just gotta take a breath and relax a bit. Otherwise, you end up losing your intended audience. For the record, I still think the whole idea you're proposing is a non-starter to begin with. I just don't think you should put all your eggs in one basket like you did, because you either gave your audience a headache or put 'em to sleep halfway through.

But you obviously are a fan and a passionate one, so I think you'll do fine. All you gotta do is take it easy. And maybe dial the emoticons back a bit. One doesn't need to express their emotions all the time. :)