Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire Returns To Escalating Money Tree, Revives 50:50 For New Season  (Read 16267 times)

aaron sica

Re: Millionaire Returns To Escalating Money Tree, Revives 50:50 For New Season
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 01:10:59 PM »
To make room for "Crime Watch Daily" at 3 (boy, does that show have a lot of clearances!)  the afternoon game show block on WPMT in York is moving up an hour - Millionaire hour to 1, and Feud to 2. The already existing double-run reruns of Feud stay at noon.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 06:24:49 PM »
I watched the season premiere today and enjoyed it.  This is more like it.  The shuffle format of the past few years just wasn't that interesting.  Chris was maybe a bit subdued as host, but not bad for a first episode.  I'll be watching this more often this season.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 06:45:55 PM »
I watched the season premiere today and enjoyed it.  This is more like it.  The shuffle format of the past few years just wasn't that interesting.  Chris was maybe a bit subdued as host, but not bad for a first episode.  I'll be watching this more often this season.
He had a couple of very inappropriate jokes that reminded me too much of Regis, and he also did the fake-outs that were laborious and awful when Meredith did them. Other than that it was nice to have someone with roots in hosting things doing the hosting.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 10:06:36 PM »
He had a couple of very inappropriate jokes that reminded me too much of Regis, and he also did the fake-outs that were laborious and awful when Meredith did them. Other than that it was nice to have someone with roots in hosting things doing the hosting.
I only noticed one real fake-out, and I thought he did a great job with it. He fooled me.

As for his "inappropriate" jokes, I'm assuming one of them was the undoubtedly scripted one during the introduction?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 01:06:12 AM »
I only noticed one real fake-out, and I thought he did a great job with it. He fooled me.
I'm not fooled because no host has done the fake-out on a wrong answer.

As for his "inappropriate" jokes, I'm assuming one of them was the undoubtedly scripted one during the introduction?
For the contestant from Spokane in the second episode, it was revealed that one of her several jobs dealt with sex education. She brought her brother as a Plus One and Chris made an unfortunate joke juxtaposing the two. The contestant after her is a police lieutenant and her husband an officer. Chris asks "at home, which of the two of you does the arresting?" At a minimum it was in poor taste.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 01:17:56 AM »
I don't get the double run, so I had to find the episode online. I think we agree to disagree. When two police officers marry, I think that joke writes itself, and I imagine the couple on the show would be the first to tell you that, especially when the host of The Bachelor is in the room.

Thunder

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 02:03:10 AM »
Seconded, and that joke still applies to only one police officer in the marriage.

Lighten up, Francis.